Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Once again upgrade certificates are a mess

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Once again upgrade certificates are a mess

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2015, 7:41 am

Programs: DL DM PM
Originally Posted by CaliguyNYC
What happens after you use a GUC and then cancel the ticket? Does the GUC go back into your account?
No, you've lost it. In fact, either there is a weird DL IT issue (!!) or they track GUCs similarly to SkyMiles because when this happened to me last year, when I canceled the ticket, they also deducted the 25 (50?)k skymiles the UG would have cost me in skymiles. I got this reversed, but make sure this doesn't happen to you!

BTW while I was writing this I looked at the DL site to remind myself of how my skymiles were needed for a TATL UG (from M, B, Y) and can't find the table anywhere. Am I late to the game here? I knew the low/medium/high award ticket table had vanished in favor of some kind of dynamic pricing but in the past the UG was a fixed cost in miles.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 7:19 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
No, you've lost it. In fact, either there is a weird DL IT issue (!!) or they track GUCs similarly to SkyMiles because when this happened to me last year, when I canceled the ticket, they also deducted the 25 (50?)k skymiles the UG would have cost me in skymiles. I got this reversed, but make sure this doesn't happen to you!

BTW while I was writing this I looked at the DL site to remind myself of how my skymiles were needed for a TATL UG (from M, B, Y) and can't find the table anywhere. Am I late to the game here? I knew the low/medium/high award ticket table had vanished in favor of some kind of dynamic pricing but in the past the UG was a fixed cost in miles.
In the old days, the PMU would remain attached to the reservation (i.e. if you cancelled a non-refundable ticket and retained credit, when you "use" the credit it techinically reissues your cancelled ticket. PMU remained )

Not sure if that has changed
Old Apr 21, 2015, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BenA
Because, inexplicably, they're STILL sending Diamond calls to a call center (SLC) that has worse performance metrics than their best call center (Chisholm).

Source: http://tcbmag.com/Industries/Transpo...The-Iron-Range
Well, we can blame SLC and praise Chisholm (which I am a huge Chisholm fan), in the end it is poor training on DL mgmt's part and horrible IT. Ever since the PMU's went electronic I've seen the same and same issues occur over and over again:

1. Ticket not being reissued despite being in the queue (good luck checking in and have fun sweating to get on your flight)

2. GUC/RUC not being coded properly resulting in not on list, not in right priority on list, etc. (have fun watching the J/F seats disappear)

3. Upgrades not clearing automatically (how many agents don't even know that DL's automatic systems don't always work)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.