Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Random Questions - re Upcoming Hawaii & Trans-Con Flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Random Questions - re Upcoming Hawaii & Trans-Con Flight

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2015, 11:27 am
Used to be " vincentppetty "
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum/1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium; Loews Platinum; GHA/Omni Platinum; Hilton Gold
Question Random Questions - re Upcoming Hawaii & Trans-Con Flight

Hello All:

Sorry, a couple of random questions in advance of next months completely last-minute Hawaii trip (had to cancel a cruise out of BCN due to the terrorist attacks in Tunis, Tunesia - and DL was great at swapping me to a Hawaii route with no fees!)

Alas, to get the low-mileage and good seats, we have to go TPA-JFK-SFO-HNL but thankfully got the HNL-ATL-TPA for the return.

So, random questions:

1) Since the JFK-SFO flight is technically a "Delta One" flight, will we get any SkyClub access on the out-bound? I have access via my Reserve Card, but was planning on getting my wife in during the BCN trip due to a "Delta One" itinerary; is any SkyClub access included with the TransCon Delta One flights?

2) On that same note - is the new post-security SkyClub in SFO opened yet?

3) The crappy 757-300 from SFO-HNL; have the 757-3s that fly that route been updated with the satellite WiFi yet?

4) What is the food like for the SFO-HNL leg on a 757-3 - is it the same basic meal as on the a330 non-stop?

5) For the return on the a330 non-stop, do those a330 aircraft have the satellite WiFi yet?

Thanks in advance! It has been ages since I have flown to Hawaii, and thankfully ages since I crossed the Pacific in a 757!
Old Mar 24, 2015, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Given that the 757-300's have all had their interiors refurbed within the last year, I would hardly call them "crappy". A number of the domestic fleet will be getting satellite based Wifi, but they haven't started the conversions from the ground-based systems yet. I believe most of the A330's have satellite wifi now.

http://news.delta.com/2015-02-25-Del...-for-Customers
Old Mar 24, 2015, 12:55 pm

Programs: DL DM MM; Hilton Diamond; Hertz 5*
I did that route last week but 753 both ways. One had the new interior, the other had the old interior. Old interior was much more comfortable - but neither had wifi over water. The food (beef tips) was excellent.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FirstInFlight
I did that route last week but 753 both ways. One had the new interior, the other had the old interior. Old interior was much more comfortable - but neither had wifi over water. The food (beef tips) was excellent.
All the 753 mods are either finished or in-progress. I think the old interior flight may have been a 757-200.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-thread-6.html
Old Mar 24, 2015, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by AttorneyVin
1) Since the JFK-SFO flight is technically a "Delta One" flight, will we get any SkyClub access on the out-bound? ...
only with a D1 (front cabin) boarding pass
Old Mar 25, 2015, 7:48 am
Used to be " vincentppetty "
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum/1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium; Loews Platinum; GHA/Omni Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jrl767
only with a D1 (front cabin) boarding pass
So, as my ticket is in the front cabin for "Business Class" on the JFK-SFO, that means I will get SkyClub?
Will I get it at all portions of my out-bound route, or just in JFK?

Thanks!
Old Mar 25, 2015, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AttorneyVin
So, as my ticket is in the front cabin for "Business Class" on the JFK-SFO, that means I will get SkyClub?
Will I get it at all portions of my out-bound route, or just in JFK?

Thanks!
All portions (assuming they are all on the same day).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.