Search

Delta AMEX Reserve APR question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2015, 1:25 pm
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Delta AMEX Reserve APR question

What is the lowest APR offered for the DL AMEX Reserve card?

Mine was opened @ 16.24% and I was wondering if there is anything lower. My card will be paid off next month and I want to find out if I could ask for a lower APR as I have had the card for over 1 year.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Its going to be based on your credit score and history with Amex. Mine is 14.50% but it gets paid off every month anyway. I'm sure there is probably a little lower than that also, but I've never bothered to ask.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 2:38 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Plat 100, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, UA Silver, AA Gold
My base APR is 14.5%, but I received a one year promotional 9.99 for all purchases offer back in December.

http://imgur.com/URzuf5H

As the above said, it depends on your credit worthiness.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 3:07 pm
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

I understand they base it on your credit score.

I, too, received that promotional 9.99% APR last year.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 3:46 pm

Programs: Delta DM, AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Mine is 7.99% fixed. Not sure how I got locked into that but it was many years ago.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 9:38 pm
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by EchoVictor
Mine is 7.99% fixed. Not sure how I got locked into that but it was many years ago.
and its a DL AMEX Reserve????
Old Mar 6, 2015, 7:53 am

Mine was 10.24 and had been that way for 11 years, since I've been an Amex customer. I pay off my balance every month, have never been late and have an 810 credit score. Last month I got a letter saying they were raising it to 13.99. I called to complain and was told it was being done "across the board" to customers with older Delta Amex accounts whose APR no longer reflected market rates. I escalated twice to a higher level manager and was told it was beyond her control and Amex would not under any circumstances consider lowering my rate or restoring the old rate. It certainly felt like a swift kick to the nards. Yes, I pay off my card every month so it's not that big of a deal but it still feels like I'm being punished for being a good customer. Although I do realize I'm not a "good" customer in Amex's eyes because I never carry a balance...

C'est la vie.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 8:00 am

Programs: DL PM, Natl-Exec Elite, Hertz-President Circle, Marriot/Starwood-Gold, HHonors-Gold
For those who don't carry a balance, who cares. However, if anyone is carrying a balance on their Skymiles Amex, you should look into other means of financing that debt because it can be done at much cheaper rates elsewhere.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 8:10 am

Programs: DL: 2MM/DM Marriott: LT Platinum
Mine is 13.24 (I don't ever check the APR on my cards because I always pay in full every month).
Old Mar 6, 2015, 8:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Since I pay my total every month, I don't even look at the APR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.