Search

Points Posting using Paper Ticket

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2015, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM, UA Silver (thanks Marriott!), Marriott Ambassador
Points Posting using Paper Ticket

Question for anyone who knows:

Had an IRROPS experience this weekend flying from DEN - AGS (return portion of round trip AGS-ATL-DEN-ATL-AGS) . The outbound was uneventful and everything posted with about 24 hours as per normal. However, I did a VDB on the return with all the oversells related to the weather this weekend, and ended up being routed through JFK on the return (DEN-JFK-ATL-AGS). As the available JFK seat popped up at the last second, the agents printed me out a green paper stock ticket for DEN-ATL and ATL-AGS (reflecting my e ticket that was in the system) - they then sent me running down to another gate where the JFK flight was departing to claim the last open seat. The agent at the JFK flight had a boarding pass printed (which said on it, paper ticket required), as did the other two passes which they stapled the tickets to. However on the DEN-JFK pass he just crossed out the "ticket required" and initialed it. He then scanned it, the machine beeped and said "paper ticket required" but he sent me onto the plane anyway. The paperwork they gave me had the DEN-ATL green paper stock stapled to the JFK-ATL boarding pass and the ATL-AGS ticket was stapled to the corresponding ATL-AGS boarding pass.

Got to JFK and boarded the connecting flight (which actually was the same plane I arrived from DEN on - which was nice as it was only a 45 min connecting time anyway, and I was fearful I was going to have to change terminals on the "JFK Jitney"). They took the boarding pass and lifted the DEN-ATL greenstock flight coupon and sent me on my way. I then stopped over for a couple days in ATL before using the ATL-AGS portion with no issues later in the week.

On the my skymiles screen now, it has showed the three segments DEN-jFK- ATL- AGS posted, all with 0 miles and the code "N" (not eligible for mileage credit".

My question is a technicality of how the posting works. Does it somehow have to wait until someone somewhere reconciles the paper tickets with the actual itinerary flown , and will me having one less flight coupon than flight actually take cause me to have to contact customer service to have someone manually sort it all out. They did rebook me into "F" class from JFK - ATL and ATL - AGS (but agent in ATL changed the ATL - AGS portion back to "U" -although I still got upgraded anyway, so I didn't really care THAT much - when I showed up at the airport and took another flight that was different from what DEN had booked me on at the time of the disruption). DEN-JFK was booked in "Y" class (as I literally got the last seat on the plane waaaay back in the back - but at least it was an aisle!, and I didn't care to wait around DEN any longer for the next day flight I was booked in "F" on). So should I get the "Y" and "F" MQM credit for these two segments as well? Those with experience please share your related experience. Thanks!

Last edited by resolute; Feb 26, 2015 at 9:19 am
Old Mar 1, 2015, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Bump....

Anyone out there have experience with this?

Still no miles, points (whatever they are called these days..) posted to my account, as of right now. In all my years of flying never had quite this situation happen before and don't want to have to bother to reach out to DL if they will post at some point. But how long until it's probably not going to happen? Thanks to anyone who knows and can share your experience(s)...
Old Mar 1, 2015, 7:12 am

Something similar happened to me last week, in my case due to a cancelled flight. I don't know why they issued me a paper ticket, but it caused me all sorts of grief. No points posted, showing Reason Code N, just like you.

I called the Medallion desk yesterday. They were able to post the points and MQMs, but only for my original routing; these posted within minutes of me speaking with the Medallion desk. if you are happy with that, then that's the easy way to go.

In my case, they turned a two leg trip into a three leg trip, and I want the additional MQMs they made me fly. I was told that the only way to do that, is to fax or upload a copy of your boarding passes (luckily, I still had them; normally they are in the trash by the time I get home). I uploaded them yesterday, it remains to be seen whether they'll straighten this out. Not a huge deal if they don't, it's only a loss of 500 MQMs, but I'll take them if I can get them!
Old Mar 1, 2015, 8:11 am
Original Poster

That is exactly what happened to me - they turned a 2 leg trip into a three leg trip, but I should gain about 1000-1200 MQM extra based on the new routing, vs. the existing one. I threw the boarding passes away, but still have the itinerary print out they gave me and it still shows the 3 legs in my account but just with no miles in it. I'll wait another few days and then contact them if nothing still shows up..
Old Mar 1, 2015, 8:26 am

I'd suggest filling out this form, and uploading a copy of your itinerary.

https://www.delta.com/contactus/page...qmileagecredit

I have no idea why Delta insists on a copy of the boarding passes, when the flight is showing in the account (my situation is the same) - seems nonsensical.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 9:30 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by resolute
That is exactly what happened to me - they turned a 2 leg trip into a three leg trip, but I should gain about 1000-1200 MQM extra based on the new routing, vs. the existing one. I threw the boarding passes away, but still have the itinerary print out they gave me and it still shows the 3 legs in my account but just with no miles in it. I'll wait another few days and then contact them if nothing still shows up..
Originally Posted by levman
I'd suggest filling out this form, and uploading a copy of your itinerary.

https://www.delta.com/contactus/page...qmileagecredit

I have no idea why Delta insists on a copy of the boarding passes, when the flight is showing in the account (my situation is the same) - seems nonsensical.
Most airlines still require the BP's for retroactive mileage credit. I am working with AA on retroactive mileage for a partner flight. I never throw my BP's away until I see mileage credited. Might be a relatively cheap lesson to learn.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 11:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Could the new flights have involved direct flights with the same flight number for two segments? That could explain having only two coupons for the paper tickets. If so, OP will only get credit for DEN-ATL and ATL-XXX rather than DEN-JFK, JFK-ATL and ATL-XXX. In this case, requesting ORC wouldn't matter.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Could the new flights have involved direct flights with the same flight number for two segments? That could explain having only two coupons for the paper tickets. If so, OP will only get credit for DEN-ATL and ATL-XXX rather than DEN-JFK, JFK-ATL and ATL-XXX. In this case, requesting ORC wouldn't matter.
DEN-JFK and JFK -ATL flights, although on the same aircraft, were definitely different flight numbers and had different crews as well. So it definitely involved three segments, not two. It was just a coincidence that it happened that way..
Old Mar 1, 2015, 5:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by resolute
DEN-JFK and JFK -ATL flights, although on the same aircraft, were definitely different flight numbers and had different crews as well. So it definitely involved three segments, not two. It was just a coincidence that it happened that way..
It's the flight numbers that matter for this, not the crew or aircraft.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

[QUOTE=MSPeconomist;24436862]It's the flight numbers that matter for this, not the crew or aircraft.[/QUOTE

Yes. I understand this fact. That is why I said they were two different flight numbers, hence two segments. Thank you though..]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.