Wiki Posts
Search

drink service timing on transcons

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2015, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Diamond Medallion, Delta Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist
drink service timing on transcons

Is there a standard for what Delta considers drink timing after takeoff? I've been on many FC transcons and it seems like the FA's aren't doing anything for the first hour and a half and no drinks come during that time. Is this normal or am I just getting unlucky? I need a coke badly (I'm on a transcon right now and we are approaching 2 hours without any service).
Old Feb 25, 2015, 1:09 pm

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
look up .... there is a call button.
2 hours is BS btw.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 2:18 pm

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
I agree. Call button. Why are we so scared to punch it?
Old Feb 25, 2015, 3:14 pm

Programs: Delta Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Diplomat, Hertz Chairman's Square, Avis Preferred Plus
Press the call button and then give them a "DYKWIA?!?!" and flash your DM brag tag (Throw it at them if you're feeling extra feisty). That'll show 'em....
Old Feb 27, 2015, 6:18 pm

Programs: AA 2MM, DL D360
I have had this same experience lately (been flying DL a lot more than usual). I also notice that they take ages to do a second drink run - often right towards the end of the flight. On a recent transcon drinks were served at about 1.5 hour and 4.5 hours into the flight (and I got the stinkeye from the FA for ordering a glass of wine on the second drink service). AA and AS would have done three services in that same timeframe, easily.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is that FC or coach?? In terms of FC, I don't think I've ever seen them take more than 30-40 minutes to do the first drink pass unless there is turbulence. They certainly do more than 2 passes on a transcon.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 7:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
That is very unusual in my experience. I've had more than two drinks on ATL-DAB. In my experience they will usually start service after reaching 10,000 ft.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), DL GLD, Marriott Plat, RCL D+, X Elite
Interesting you mention this, because I meant to and forgot. I did a ATL-SEA roundtrip a little over a month ago. There was only one beverage service in both directions. I thought it was odd, and meant to ask here if there was a change.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA 2MM, DL D360
Everything I've flown on Delta has been coach in recent memory - I think it's been 5+ years since I got a complimentary upgrade (as an AS elite). I've had the drink delay issue on a bunch of longer flights - MSP-SEA, ATL-SEA, JFK-SEA (I like to drink on my way home )
Old Feb 28, 2015, 3:44 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Delta DM Hilton Diamond SPG Gold, and Foodland premium.
This is odd, unless there has been bad turbulence or snakes on the plane.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 5:25 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sdadept
Is there a standard for what Delta considers drink timing after takeoff? I've been on many FC transcons and it seems like the FA's aren't doing anything for the first hour and a half and no drinks come during that time. Is this normal or am I just getting unlucky? I need a coke badly (I'm on a transcon right now and we are approaching 2 hours without any service).
Seriously, you're a Diamond?

The only times I can imagine this might happen is either extreme turbulence or it's a redeye flight where nearly all pax are sleeping. Instead of complaining on
FT, why not either go up to the galley to get your coke or if that's too much trouble, hit the call button.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 5:47 pm

I did experience the fake turbulence, seat belt sign on from SFO to ATL recently. They managed to squeak in one service and sat the rest of the trip.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 5:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by sdadept
Did the FA refuse you a drink when you hit the call button or asked for one at the galley?

That would be outrageous (absent turbulence or a medical emergency). If you want something, just ask for it.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 7:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
I would start reporting this lack of service. I would also report pilots who leave the seatbelt sign on the entire flight with no turbulence. It's an abuse of power and DL can easily verify this via their meteorologists.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.