Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Economy Snack Etiquette

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2015, 10:58 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
I occasionally ask for the whole can of soda -- if I am asking for club soda or ginger ale, I sometimes get "let me get to the back of the plane to be sure I don't run out" but usually it isn't a problem. And when the FA does go to the back, I usually get a return visit with a full can.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 11:32 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by mot29
I occasionally ask for the whole can of soda.
How DARE you!?!?!

Old Jan 29, 2015, 11:48 am

I was standing in the back galley to stretch and talking to the FA one time. I mentioned that I liked biscoffs and she handed me as much as she could hold in 2 hands. It was sort of embarrassing to go back to my seat to put them away. But, I enjoyed them with tea every day for a couple of weeks.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 12:18 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by wanna go now
I was standing in the back galley to stretch and talking to the FA one time. I mentioned that I liked biscoffs and she handed me as much as she could hold in 2 hands.
Just don't take all the bananas if you got an upgrade!
Old Jan 29, 2015, 12:28 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
A couple years ago I did the math and stopped eating any snacks in economy. Figure 100 flights per year, 100 calories in snacks, and I'm saving 10k calories per year, or the equivalent of three pounds of weight per year. So, OP, if anyone bemoans your asking for additional snacks, please tell them you are eating mine. You are hereby given my absolute and legal proxy for economy airline snacks.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by mot29
I occasionally ask for the whole can of soda -- if I am asking for club soda or ginger ale, I sometimes get "let me get to the back of the plane to be sure I don't run out" but usually it isn't a problem. And when the FA does go to the back, I usually get a return visit with a full can.
Originally Posted by davetravels
How DARE you!?!?!

This isn't United.

Originally Posted by CJKatl
A couple years ago I did the math and stopped eating any snacks in economy. Figure 100 flights per year, 100 calories in snacks, and I'm saving 10k calories per year, or the equivalent of three pounds of weight per year. So, OP, if anyone bemoans your asking for additional snacks, please tell them you are eating mine. You are hereby given my absolute and legal proxy for economy airline snacks.
I tend to grab a few (usually a couple of biscoffs, trail mix, and the brownie brittle now) and stash it for later. There have been enough times where my meal schedules get out of whack and I end up skipping one for whatever reason. It is certainly easier than filling up a quart or gallon zip lock bag from the cookies and carbpedio at the Sky Club (which they do frown upon.)
Old Jan 29, 2015, 1:02 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by WIRunner
This isn't United.
What would UA FAs say if you asked for the whole can?!?
Old Jan 29, 2015, 2:55 pm

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Sky Club
Or = And
Old Jan 29, 2015, 3:38 pm

I'm pretty sure they have plenty of snacks, I think they carry enough to do more than one flight on domestics. Last week I was flying BC back from NRT and I turned down some of their pre flight snacks reserved for the BC cabin and I requested for some peanuts. The FA said they didn't have peanuts up front. Few minutes later, she came back with about a dozen packages of nuts, and more in flight.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 3:57 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, AA Platinum Pro, Hertz Presidents
I find it a bit gluttonous to ask for all 3 snacks. I feel the same way about snacks in F.
If the question is can you, then obviously you can.
If it's, should/would you? My answer is no.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 4:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by scottsam66
I find it a bit gluttonous to ask for all 3 snacks. I feel the same way about snacks in F.
If the question is can you, then obviously you can.
If it's, should/would you? My answer is no.
Well I think it was quite gluttonous of DL to screw us over with the SDC changes. I'm taking as many snacks as I can.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
I totally apologize - OT - but does anyone think like I do in that the dark salty chocolate snack in the F snack basket totally compliments Woodford? They just go great togethr IMHO
Old Jan 29, 2015, 5:02 pm

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
One rarely benefit of KM status is your own basket of snacks usually waiting for you in your seat with a bright green ribbon and the phrase "We love our KMs."

Sometimes though the baskets are so big that when the seat in front of you reclines back at great velocity, the snacks fall out.

That is a real pain for the FA to clean up.

However, I have often had large baskets that required me to recline. A little known exemption to putting your seat in the upright position for takeoff is having one of the KM snack baskets.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 5:02 pm

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
I totally apologize - OT - but does anyone think like I do in that the dark salty chocolate snack in the F snack basket totally compliments Woodford? They just go great togethr IMHO
Totally accurate!!!
Old Jan 29, 2015, 5:13 pm

Programs: Alaska 100k
Seems like I usually get two Biscoff packages on OO and CP without asking.
I wouldn't feel bad, though. As long as you're nice, they will probably give you all three.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.