Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Fly Delta App 3.1 upgrade allows award booking and more

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fly Delta App 3.1 upgrade allows award booking and more

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2015, 12:49 pm
havnfn

Programs: Delta-DM; Hilton-Diamond; Hyatt-Diamond
Originally Posted by yohanson
Can you check seat availability before purchasing a ticket yet?
perchance, to dream.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 1:06 pm

Any chance they will add the ability to view seat map while booking (or changing flights) in the near future?
Old Jan 28, 2015, 2:27 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by Grouchy
If your BP doesn't come up you can try your digital Medallion® card.
Didn't try it yet but appearantly you can use the digital card from the app at the gate:

Board with digital SkyMiles® or Medallion® card

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/mobile.html
You could also just print a BP -- I know...the horror.

What would be nice is if the APP would update your seat if/when you get upgraded at the airport. AA does this. On DL the only way is to look at the upgrade list -- if your name has been removed, you "probably" have cleared
Old Jan 28, 2015, 3:26 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
FWIW, when my upgrade clears at the airport, I'm pretty sure that the itinerary does update within the Delta app to reflect the new seat assignment. I do recall having to manually refresh the itinerary to see the status change, though.

The Delta app is flaky and unreliable - particularly on non-iOS platforms - so if you aren't seeing that happen, try killing and restarting the app - or as a last resort, logging out and back in.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BusTrav8yrs
I would trade for a more stable app instead. I have got to the point that I do a screenshot of my BP every time now because it keeps showing me as not checked in and gives "use kiosk" while heading to the airport. I have had to have the GA print a BP becuase the app would not let me view mine even though I had checked in several times.
+1, I always take screenshots. Nothing worse than running up to the TSA PC line all ready to go when BAM, crash goes the DL app.

Originally Posted by yohanson
Can you check seat availability before purchasing a ticket yet?
At least be able to see seatmaps.

BTW, these updates I don't see on the app store yet.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 8:44 am

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
You could also just print a BP -- I know...the horror.

What would be nice is if the APP would update your seat if/when you get upgraded at the airport. AA does this. On DL the only way is to look at the upgrade list -- if your name has been removed, you "probably" have cleared
That used to be true, but as of one of the last few updates it does now show your seat when upgraded in the app. However, it doesn't update the Passbook BP. I don't know if this because PB doesn't allow changes to objects after they're created, or if DL just hasn't implemented it yet.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 8:46 am

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by BusTrav8yrs
I would trade for a more stable app instead. I have got to the point that I do a screenshot of my BP every time now because it keeps showing me as not checked in and gives "use kiosk" while heading to the airport. I have had to have the GA print a BP becuase the app would not let me view mine even though I had checked in several times.
Android or iOS?

In iOS, you should add the BP to passbook, then it's much easier to access.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 11:43 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by HDQDD
That used to be true, but as of one of the last few updates it does now show your seat when upgraded in the app. However, it doesn't update the Passbook BP. I don't know if this because PB doesn't allow changes to objects after they're created, or if DL just hasn't implemented it yet.
That is good news -- wasn't aware of that.

(From a technology standpoint, Passbook can update automatically as a your AA BP will get updated)

Last edited by FlyAO2; Jan 29, 2015 at 11:48 am
Old Jan 29, 2015, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by HDQDD
DL just doesn't chose to update the Passbook object for some reason. With UA, I can tap the info button in the lower right hand corner, then pull down to update. It will actually load in my departure gate. If I change seats via the app, or get upgraded, the Passbook object is automatically updated within a couple minutes. DL has been saying they would have similar functionality for years, yet they still keep it as a "fire and forget" option.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 6:44 pm

I just hope they address the issue where the App keeps attempting an auto-login until my password gets locked. Seems to occur when there is a very slow connection.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 6:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jacobac00
Any chance they will add the ability to view seat map while booking (or changing flights) in the near future?
Am I hallucinating or weren't we able to pick seats during the purchase process in the recent past? In fact, the last time I booked flights, I was able to click and see seat mays during the process, in fact for all cabins, not just the cabin I was purchasing. IME the change seems to be that you can't choose seats until further in the purchasing process.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by gooselee
I'm on Android 4.4.4 with and HTC M8.
I also use it on the M8 and I don't have any boarding pass issues. Use it twice a week nearly every week for the 10 months that I have had it. I do have occasional issues losing the upgrade list on a connection.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by indufan
I also use it on the M8 and I don't have any boarding pass issues. Use it twice a week nearly every week for the 10 months that I have had it. I do have occasional issues losing the upgrade list on a connection.
IME I lose the upgrade list if there is any change whatsoever to the flight schedule that throws the "Your flight has changed" exclamation point. Seems that the app throws itself into IRROPS mode and assumes you will give up any and all chances of anything in order to get on a "better" flight option.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 5:48 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
The iOS version is now available.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by EZEDoesIt
Work consistently? I've yet to be able to use it for a single trip without it crashing/hanging at some point.
Sounds like a hardware problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.