Wiki Posts
Search

Delta flies the Seahawks and Patriots

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2015, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
Delta flies the Seahawks and Patriots

Not only did the Seahawks and Patriots use Delta for the charters to PHX it was the same B767-400 aircraft.

Sun 8872 SEA-PHX
Sun 8872 PHX-BOS
Mon 8868 BOS-PHX
Old Jan 26, 2015, 6:11 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
It was also shown live on ESPN, ESPN News Channel, NFL Network, Fox Sports Network, and others. That is some great free advertising for DL. Some of the channels had the DL AC featured for 10 minutes or so.

I heard that the loosing team will take Greyhound back to their city with deflated tires.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer
Not only did the Seahawks and Patriots use Delta for the charters to PHX it was the same B767-400 aircraft.

Sun 8872 SEA-PHX
Sun 8872 PHX-BOS
Mon 8868 BOS-PHX
Yup, sure is. I watch the webcast video from my iPhone. I watch DL plane is descent approach into Sky Harbor at 3:30pm and it was ship#1812. There is 4 or 6 charters bus is standing near the aircraft. There is lots of Patriots players & coaching, as well. I think they taken to the team hotel in downtown Phoenix or someplace else.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 7:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA PLT, Hertz PC
Interesting. As far as I'm aware there's no 764 operations on the west coast. Did DL position a 764 to SEA through ATL/DTW/JFK on a revenue basis somehow? Also, did the 764 operate empty from PHX-BOS to pick-up the Patriots?

Side Note - Be nice if Robert Kraft or whomever makes the travel choices for the Patriots sent in a nice stern email to DL calling BS on the fact that DL publicly supported the Seahawks on their website. Pretty crappy move on DL's part.

Last edited by clr4t8koff; Jan 26, 2015 at 7:56 pm
Old Jan 26, 2015, 7:58 pm

How big is an NFL team entourage? How full would the 764 be?
Old Jan 26, 2015, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Tom45
How big is an NFL team entourage? How full would the 764 be?
Full. Or mostly full. Players in coach might get an empty middle seat.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 10:21 pm

Programs: AS, US, Hilton, BA, DL, SPG, AA, VS
Originally Posted by clr4t8koff
Side Note - Be nice if Robert Kraft or whomever makes the travel choices for the Patriots sent in a nice stern email to DL calling BS on the fact that DL publicly supported the Seahawks on their website.
Robert Kraft, being a businessman, presumably understands the fact that DL is trying to establish a hub in SEA, and is thus trying to curry favor with potential customers.

Pretty crappy move on DL's part.
Pretty smart move, actually.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 10:24 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, X ALaska MVPG, X Worldperks G
Side Note - Be nice if Robert Kraft or whomever makes the travel choices for the Patriots sent in a nice stern email to DL calling BS on the fact that DL publicly supported the Seahawks on their website. Pretty crappy move on DL's part.
Delta is pretending to love the Seahawks because they are in a turf battle with Alaska Airlines. Russell Wilson is the CFO (chief football officer) for ALK.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by indufan
Full. Or mostly full. Players in coach might get an empty middle seat.
Actually, it is full flight, but there is no empty middle seat.

Originally Posted by LETTERBOY

Pretty smart move, actually.
Yeah, real smart move.

Don't you guys remember NE Patriots & NY Giants came to PHX? They sending the 767, 777, 764, and etc. They're playing the Super Bowl Game.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 11:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA PLT, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by LETTERBOY
Robert Kraft, being a businessman, presumably understands the fact that DL is trying to establish a hub in SEA, and is thus trying to curry favor with potential customers.
Robert Kraft, as you stated is a businessman. He'll never understand Delta's business agendas before his own. Let's not get it confused - there's 1 New England Patriots team. There are 3 major US airlines whom the Pats can shift their business between. Don't think for a second DL can't dig their own grave, regardless of DL's hub intentions in SEA. DL bends over backwards for these NFL contracts. All it takes is one dumb Marketing idiot to screw that up.

I haven't seen that pic of the Seahawks stadium on delta.com in the last 24--hours. Anyone else?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 12:03 am

Programs: Delta GM

I haven't seen that pic of the Seahawks stadium on delta.com in the last 24--hours. Anyone else?
When I logged in this afternoon it was front and center. Being Seattle based I didn't really mind though...
Old Jan 27, 2015, 12:12 am

Robert Kraft, as you stated is a businessman. He'll never understand Delta's business agendas before his own. Let's not get it confused - there's 1 New England Patriots team. There are 3 major US airlines whom the Pats can shift their business between. Don't think for a second DL can't dig their own grave, regardless of DL's hub intentions in SEA. DL bends over backwards for these NFL contracts. All it takes is one dumb Marketing idiot to screw that up.

I don't see the Patriots caring at all about a marketing decision for Delta to 'root for' the Seahawks. I certianly don't see the Pats choosing UA or AA for their charters simply for this fact.

Being a Pats fan it doesn't bother me in the slightest to see Delta support the Seahawks.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 6:36 am

Programs: Delta and Hilton Diamond
Actually the Seahawks' fight was delayed bit. It seems someone deflated the landing gear below specifications.

Last edited by merlin3008; Jan 27, 2015 at 7:11 am
Old Jan 27, 2015, 6:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by choam
When I logged in this afternoon it was front and center. Being Seattle based I didn't really mind though...
If DL wanted to do so, it should be easy to show the Seahawks page for Pacific northwest locations (if you allow this from your computer) or IP addresses as well as FF accounts with mailing addresses in this part of the country.

Still, the ad and the contracts are business decisions on both sides. As long as the charter FAs don't say inappropriate things (like we hope you lose or the other team is better), the fact that DL supports their "home town" team shouldn't matter if the contract offers good prices, teerms, conditions, and amenities such as catering choices.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 7:22 am

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If DL wanted to do so, it should be easy to show the Seahawks page for Pacific northwest locations (if you allow this from your computer) or IP addresses as well as FF accounts with mailing addresses in this part of the country.

Still, the ad and the contracts are business decisions on both sides. As long as the charter FAs don't say inappropriate things (like we hope you lose or the other team is better), the fact that DL supports their "home town" team shouldn't matter if the contract offers good prices, teerms, conditions, and amenities such as catering choices.
I'm in the East and it is on my home page as well.

No problem for me as I hate the Pats anyway. But it does seem like a very curious marketing approach, BOS has been a major DL operation for 70+ years. Pandering to SEA is very obvious on this one....the only pass DL would deserve is if for some reason the Falcons actually made it.

Put a muzzle on Sherman and Carroll and keep Brady's ballboy away from the tires and everything will be OK.

Last edited by dilbertsdaddy; Jan 27, 2015 at 7:27 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.