Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 DM packet has arrived!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2015, 5:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Delta Points
Really? Have you seen this thread?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...t-kidding.html

and

What did you do to the color? It looks silvery gray with hot pink to me.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 5:42 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Maybe DL thinks the employee will feel better if they have the written comment, perhaps suitable for framing or at least scanning into their computer to use during a future job search or attempt at promotion. Otherwise, perhaps someone will think they got the JWD because they were cute or reminded you of your dog.
I've seen reports here that JWD cert numbers were given over the phone to phone agents, so, none of this would matter.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 5:49 pm

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by gooselee
Is it just me, or does anyone else absolutely hate the new tall, blocky font that DL is using on everything recently?
Yes.

As a former high school print shop perfectionist , I do. I'm VERY particular about fonts. I personally prefer small and large caps, vs all caps or upper and lower case. The "DELTA" all caps on the planes is ok, but, this tall thing on these tags - not!

Old Jan 23, 2015, 6:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by davetravels
I've seen reports here that JWD cert numbers were given over the phone to phone agents, so, none of this would matter.
Can't you tell on the phone whether someone is cute or not--or at least whether they think that they're cute?
Old Jan 23, 2015, 6:35 pm

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
Can't wait to see the new KM tags! ��
Old Jan 23, 2015, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by RealHJ
If I am not mistaken, until recently (2 years ago?) it was 1500 coming from DM, a paltry 500 coming from PM. Before that (3 or 4 years ago?) was 2500 coming from DM, not sure how much from PM. So yet more proof that now DM is the new PM (1500 JWD now, as was for PM until just recently).
Were there only 4 certificates in the DM package last year? I thought there were more.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 6:54 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by tvnwz
Can't wait to see the new KM tags! ��
I don't think you have the clearance.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 7:16 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Were there only 4 certificates in the DM package last year? I thought there were more.
Yes, last year just 4. It used to be 6 before (2 or 3 years ago) if I'm not mistaken.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 7:19 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
Interesting that drink coupons are still included...given the enhancement ::cough:: last winter that saw the end of HOOU. (And given that DMs will, if I"m not mistaken, get immediate access to EC which will have free booze.)

Just a GM but have not received anything yet FWIW.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I received four numbered coupons for beer, wine or a cocktail. They expire December 31, 2016 and have a two-dimensional bar code.Enjoy!
Now that is good news
Old Jan 23, 2015, 8:53 pm

Programs: DeltaSilver/MM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by MS02113
I wish this were a joke, but fear it isn't. Will large companies ever get over their misguided obsession with social media?

Again, Delta needlessly includes the "language" of social media when "A Job Well Done" was perfectly clear and concise—and professional.

I can't recall how much the 2014 JWD certificates were worth, but just a few years ago they were issued in 1,000- and 1,500-point denominations. It's a shame that Delta has cut the certificate values so deeply in this otherwise smart program.
It is one of the new ENHANCEMENTS to the program.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 9:07 pm

Programs: All posts are entirely my opinion and do not reflect any official DL position
DL changed the redemption rates for MDR points. 1 point is now 1 cent. It used to be some much higher number that I forgot but it's actually a higher dollar value now than before
Old Jan 23, 2015, 9:23 pm

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
Almost my entire package from last year is still intact, the tags are still stuck to the paper and the cable ties are in the original sleeve. I gave away the drink coupons to friends (I can never use them, as FC has been pretty steady) and have used a few of the Certs. I had a bad run with the steel cable ties breaking, so I have been using small link screws. I am guessing that I won't use these tags unless my older ones break or become lost.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by SYRRDU
I am guessing that I won't use these tags unless my older ones break or become lost.
You can alwayz. . . . . . .

http://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=de...RC1.Xdelta+mea

Old Jan 23, 2015, 11:15 pm

Programs: Delta DM / 1M, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Emerald Club Exec
I had no idea that people sold their tags on ebay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.