Search

Amex Platinum & DL Reserve Card

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2015, 11:39 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Amex Platinum & DL Reserve Card

Does anyone have both the platinum charge card and the DL reserve card from Amex? Is there even a point to have both? What bonuses do you get out of the reserve card you dont out of the platinum?
Old Jan 7, 2015, 11:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Plat charge card: PP lounges, AmEx Centurion lounges without paying a fee, PTS, FHR, Fine Dining, possibly better rental car insurance, National and Hertz memberships, IIRC SPG Gold, international business class airline program, MR points, concierge service.

Reserve card: RDMs, 15,000 or 30,000 MQMs, possibly slightly higher DL upgrade priority, MQD waiver

Until recently the Reserve card had foreign transaction fees
Old Jan 7, 2015, 11:55 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
I have both - Reserve gets you 30k MQMs with $60k spend + Skyclub entrance. AMEX Plat. also gets you Skyclub entrance, + $200 per year airline fee credits, + will pay the $100 Global Entry fee, + Priority Club membership (very nice international lounges overseas) + Centurion Club entrance (and a guest) - they are VERY nice, + National Executive & Hertz Gold, + other stuff. I keep the Reserve card strictly for the MQMs.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 12:01 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
I currently have the platinum charge card and platinum DL card, but I was wondering if it was worth it to have platinum charge and reserve DL. Though as I can see the only big jump up is the bonus MQM?
Old Jan 7, 2015, 12:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by vincentharris
I currently have the platinum charge card and platinum DL card, but I was wondering if it was worth it to have platinum charge and reserve DL. Though as I can see the only big jump up is the bonus MQM?
You also get matching RDMs when you reach the MQM thresholds. Reserve MQMs can be gifted to others.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 12:22 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG AMB, National EE
Originally Posted by vincentharris
For me, I said no - it's not worth it. If the extra MQM get you over a threshold for status, then it might be worth it. Depends on how much you value that status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.