Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Elite Status Benefits with Hertz Gold Plus Rewards (announced 21 DEC 2014)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Elite Status Benefits with Hertz Gold Plus Rewards (announced 21 DEC 2014)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2015, 11:11 am

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
I only rent from Hertz when National isn't available which has always been the case when I rent internationally. I get our corporate rate (usually about $32/day) even when I rent for personal use with National. I had well over 100 rental days last year and have been EE for years now and I don't see any difference from past years. The biggest differences in whats available depends on the airport/city to me.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 10:42 pm

Programs: DL FO, DL Reserve, AMEX Plat, Priority Pass, Global Entry
The sign up page is confusing to me. I wished I had read ALL of the page, EVERY word, before clicking where the page told me to.

It appears that if you do what I did, the way I did it, you will not get the benefit, even if you otherwise qualify. Unfortunately, I do not remember what exactly I did or didn't do to mess it up, but it was quite clear after the fact that my not understanding the sign up process ended up preventing me from signing up for a benefit that I qualify for.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 4:44 am

Programs: Delta - PM, SPG - GM, Hertz - PC
Originally Posted by Flyertall
The sign up page is confusing to me. I wished I had read ALL of the page, EVERY word, before clicking where the page told me to.

It appears that if you do what I did, the way I did it, you will not get the benefit, even if you otherwise qualify. Unfortunately, I do not remember what exactly I did or didn't do to mess it up, but it was quite clear after the fact that my not understanding the sign up process ended up preventing me from signing up for a benefit that I qualify for.
Huh?
Can you elaborate, please?
Old Jan 20, 2015, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by LilRobb
Huh?
Can you elaborate, please?

This screenshot should explain it:

My mistake was clicking Submit Now as soon as I entered my SkyMiles number (which was actually automatically entered for me by Delta), without reading that I needed to make sure that me Hertz Gold Plus Rewards number was in my Delta Profile. I had a Hertz Gold Plus number, but it wasn't registered in my Delta Profile.

Once I realized this mistake, I went back to my profile, entered my Hertz number, and then dug around to find this page screenshotted above in order to opt in to upgrade to 5 Star. I then received a red lettered message stating that something to the effect that I was already registered, but how could I have been registered if I didn't have the Hertz number in my profile when I registered?

So, while it hasn't yet been 8 weeks, I am still just Gold Plus, and not 5 Star. I should have read the entire page first before clicking submit now.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 10:29 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum 100, National Executive Elite
This screenshot should explain it:

My mistake was clicking Submit Now as soon as I entered my SkyMiles number (which was actually automatically entered for me by Delta), without reading that I needed to make sure that me Hertz Gold Plus Rewards number was in my Delta Profile. I had a Hertz Gold Plus number, but it wasn't registered in my Delta Profile.

Once I realized this mistake, I went back to my profile, entered my Hertz number, and then dug around to find this page screenshotted above in order to opt in to upgrade to 5 Star. I then received a red lettered message stating that something to the effect that I was already registered, but how could I have been registered if I didn't have the Hertz number in my profile when I registered?

So, while it hasn't yet been 8 weeks, I am still just Gold Plus, and not 5 Star. I should have read the entire page first before clicking submit now.

Many of us had our hertz numbers registered and we STILL haven't gotten it. I'm guessing there's some manual work being done by some intern.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 6:33 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by yohanson
I only rent from Hertz when National isn't available which has always been the case when I rent internationally. I get our corporate rate (usually about $32/day) even when I rent for personal use with National. I had well over 100 rental days last year and have been EE for years now and I don't see any difference from past years. The biggest differences in whats available depends on the airport/city to me.
The problem with national and others is that their GPS situation sucks. They all have those dumpy portable ones that you need to hook up somewhere and have a small screen.

The hertz one is easy and safer to use.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 11:12 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum 100, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
The problem with national and others is that their GPS situation sucks. They all have those dumpy portable ones that you need to hook up somewhere and have a small screen.

The hertz one is easy and safer to use.
GPS on a rental? Who actually pays for that anymore? Either I get one with built in nav or I just plug in my iPhone into the car and it gives me directions.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by suvayanr
GPS on a rental? Who actually pays for that anymore? Either I get one with built in nav or I just plug in my iPhone into the car and it gives me directions.
Dinosaurs like me.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 11:45 am

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
Dinosaurs like me.
Dinosaurs can drive?
Old Jan 22, 2015, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by jackplum
Dinosaurs can drive?
Yes - we can also pay bills...we just write out checks and stick them in these blue boxes on the corner called mailboxes
Old Jan 22, 2015, 1:39 pm

Dinosaurs like me.
do you drive like fred flintstone?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 9:38 pm

Back on topic, I noticed that the DM members report being upgraded to PC expeditiously, while the PM and GM members report not being upgraded yet (to 5*, in the case of GMs). Did I observe this correctly? Should anything be inferred from this observation, if true?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 10:27 pm

Programs: UA Gold   |   Former: DL Diamond, HA Pualani Gold
Back on topic, I noticed that the DM members report being upgraded to PC expeditiously, while the PM and GM members report not being upgraded yet (to 5*, in the case of GMs). Did I observe this correctly? Should anything be inferred from this observation, if true?
I'm a DM and haven't been upgraded yet.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 10:27 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
It still shows me as Gold Plus and I'm DM.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 11:23 pm

Ok so that theory is out. And my observation tracking ability has been summarily proven to be... um... irops?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.