Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroflot to DEL

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2014, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SkyMiles, MileagePlus
Aeroflot to DEL

I'm going to be flying to DEL at the end of January. I've found a ticket on Aeroflot via SVO for $884. This is a few hundred dollars cheaper than anything else I've found.

Thoughts on flying Aeroflot to DEL as a DL PM? How is their product? Anything else to be aware of?
Old Dec 19, 2014, 6:35 pm

Programs: DL GM, AMEX Business Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve, DL SkyClub Member, Choice PM
Good for you.

Please do come back and give us a report on how it went.

Also looking at other SkyTeam options to BOM/DEL ... India, other than AF.
ST Options via TATL: AF, Saudia, Aeroflot.
ST Options via TPAC: ?
Old Dec 19, 2014, 6:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mspflyer3
I'm going to be flying to DEL at the end of January. I've found a ticket on Aeroflot via SVO for $884. This is a few hundred dollars cheaper than anything else I've found.

Thoughts on flying Aeroflot to DEL as a DL PM? How is their product? Anything else to be aware of?
Check visa rules for Russia. I don't think you'll need to apply for a visa for transit, but you need to make sure.

Be aware that if IROPs cause you to stay longer in Russia, the lack of a visa could become an issue. In the past, people in such circumstances were allowed to stay overnight in a special guarded transit floor of an airport hotel, where they were take directly from the airport and not allowed to leave (even to use the hotel's health club) until they returned to the airport. Food could be delivered through room service. BTW, it was expensive.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by dd1612
Good for you.

Please do come back and give us a report on how it went.

Also looking at other SkyTeam options to BOM/DEL ... India, other than AF.
ST Options via TATL: AF, Saudia, Aeroflot.
ST Options via TPAC: ?
ST options via TPAC are KE, CI, MU, and CZ. KE flies to both BOM and DEL while the other three serve DEL only. Additionally, CI serves DEL-FCO and for several years was the only direct option between India and Italy.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 8:42 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
I like SU having flown then last year on runs like HKG-SVO-MSQ among other destinations.

A three-year visa for Russia does not cost much.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mspflyer3
Anything else to be aware of?
No MQD's and fractional MQM's (typically 50%) on cheap SU tickets. RDM's are also fractional (but may be a wash when compared to DL revenue based RDM's).
Old Dec 20, 2014, 7:04 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
I have seen some great deals on Aeroflot to DEL from NYC area as well. $2500-3000 in Business. There's that 7 hour layover in one direction that has deterred me in the past. Would be great to read a trip report.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.