Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Routings to SIN w/WiFi; tips on using a Syswide Upgrade

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2014, 7:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM

Howdy all,

Two questions:

Routing to SIN expected mid-to-late JAN or early FEB, depart east coast, RT west coast:

1) Looking to have internet on the intercon segment. Looks like possible on some 747s DTW-NRT, but no on MSP-NRT routings. Any other options or advice?

2) Have a remaining Systemwide upgrade. Any tips on searching for a compatible fare, tools to use other than Delta.comb ?

TIA, Ken

Last edited by kthomas; Dec 17, 2014 at 7:26 pm
Old Dec 18, 2014, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Pretty much you'd have to take the DTW-NRT on the 744 to be almost guaranteed gogo internet. I think there is still 1 ship out there (N661US) that doesn't have it, but the rest do. Otherwise, the 777s don't which means ATL/JFK/MSP are a no-go.

For fares, unfortunately since DL killed all flight info/data from Expertflyer, you are stuck using the crappy DL website and calling to check if there is upgrade availability. For an old school SWU, you need an M fare or higher, which is going to run 5k+ from the east cost last time I checked.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 8:16 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Are you stuck flying DL? Airlines such as NH, JL, and SQ have wifi on some aircraft and routes, and some offer W cabins, which may be a more price efficient option than using a SWU.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bennos
Are you stuck flying DL? Airlines such as NH, JL, and SQ have wifi on some aircraft and routes, and some offer W cabins, which may be a more price efficient option than using a SWU.
Maybe maybe not. I *could* consider flipping to AK as a DM-- looks unlikely given low status for domestic upgrades.

Any AK partner airlines with WiFi?

Secondary Q: Any JKF-NRT on DL with Gogo? (About to check...)
Old Dec 23, 2014, 10:35 pm

Programs: DL GM, AMEX Business Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve, DL SkyClub Member, Choice PM
Specifically search for Z Class fares for BE.
Use search engines .... plenty to choose from.
Usually these are in the range of $2500-$3500.
Let the SWU expire.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 1:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dd1612
Specifically search for Z Class fares for BE.
Use search engines .... plenty to choose from.
Usually these are in the range of $2500-$3500.
Let the SWU expire.
Thank you. Not quite seeing those fares ATM (well there's AF), but that was enlightening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.