Community
Wiki Posts
Search

need advice, full F but got screwed

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2014, 6:55 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by DLERT
Thar FA if a working crew could have helped resolve this issue by doing just like the quoted poster above commented getting out of the seat to perform
the crew duties while in flight and returning to the alternate seat for the
take-off and landing.
So, is the FA supposed to stand up the whole flight? And again, as mentioned earlier, what about during turbulence?
Old Dec 16, 2014, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by Mister Nice
Whatever you do, report the gate agent for rude behavior. We need to weed out the malcontents who do their best to take it out on customers.
And...just what about the customers who take it out on the GA??
Old Dec 16, 2014, 8:46 am

Programs: AA,BNV,HIL
For what it's worth, I can't believe that if you smiled at the seated FA and asked her to help get you and your partner seated together, she wouldn't have done everything short of installing another seat to help. When they're on duty and even when they're not, every FA I've sat next to has been very cool.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 8:50 am

Programs: UA GS 2MM, AA CK. 2MM, SPG/Marriott Platinum Premier Lifetime, Hertz President's, Avis Chai
Aren't we being a little hard on the guy? The OP purchased a premium fare and from his account, was treated poorly by the airline in contrast to a premium paying customer. It sounds like a lot of sour grapes from people on here that won't pay for or can't pay for a premium fare. All the OP is asking for is consideration from DL for an inconvenience caused by the airline. No one has asked what happened to the passenger that was bumped.

Everyone says that the OP paid for a FC ticket and got a FC seat. I'm primarily a UA flyer so my perspective is a little different but the unfortunate truth is that there is a pecking order in FC as well. On United as a GS, I get my meal choice on an upgraded T fare before a full F ticket paid fare. On my flight yesterday from FLL to IAH, a 1K on a regional upgraded seat was bumped back next to where I was sitting in coach because of a FC oversold situation. The uncomfortable situation happened when there was actually an open seat and the GA agent comes and gets me to move me forward.

The point is, How many passengers in that cabin were on economy tickets and upgraded compared to FC paying passengers. Should they have been affected first and the GA moving people around to accommodate paying passengers? I think paying FC flyers are treated poorly in comparison to frequent flyers all the time when it comes to customer service. When there are inter ops, I point out to the GA or FA when I am on a paid F fare compared to an upgrade and have tried to accommodate fare paying passengers when they are affected, as long as it is an aisle seat

Should the OP have been treated better than a frequent flyer on an upgraded seat? DL has the right to move anyone they want, especially upgraded passengers. The OP was just asking if he should have been treated better from a customer service perspective. IMO, I say yes. Is it a full refund? I doubt it. I hope you get some renumeration for your inconvenience. It's called customer service.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 9:13 am

Programs: UA MP, AF FB, SAS EB, KA SP
Originally Posted by forbin42
Aren't we being a little hard on the guy? The OP purchased a premium fare and from his account, was treated poorly by the airline in contrast to a premium paying customer. . . .

Should the OP have been treated better than a frequent flyer on an upgraded seat? DL has the right to move anyone they want, especially upgraded passengers. The OP was just asking if he should have been treated better from a customer service perspective. IMO, I say yes. Is it a full refund? I doubt it. I hope you get some renumeration for your inconvenience. It's called customer service.

Agreed. Perhaps not cash, but at least some miles.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by kettle1
What exactly do you expect DL to do if no one is willing to move?

I have been moved many times, due to broken seats, FAM or aircraft swap. Things happen. 4 hours away from your fiance is not the end of the world. Relax.
I don't understand why people keep using this to excuse poor customer service. Why is it acceptable for DL to reassign the OP's and OP's SO seats to begin with but not reassign their seats again so they can sit together? There was a forced seat change for the SO so forcing someone else out of a specific seat assignment shouldn't be an issue. After all, other people's seat preferences don't matter because as it has been pointed out many times in this thread, a seat in F is still a seat in F.

Any amount of hours away from a fiance isn't a literal end of the world, but don't use your presumptions to belittle any reason the OP may have to feel that they need to sit together. There may be a very good reason so don't assume otherwise.

That being said, the OP is unlikely to get much out of DL beyond a few thousand SkyMiles for the seat assignment hassle.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 10:32 am

Programs: AS, US, Hilton, BA, DL, SPG, AA, VS
Originally Posted by DLERT
And shame on any solo frequently flyer not willing to help (although I question if any effort was made to find out)?
Seriously? Some people choose specific seats for a specific reason. OP being apart from his fiance for a few hours isn't going to kill him.

Originally Posted by forbin42
Aren't we being a little hard on the guy? The OP purchased a premium fare and from his account, was treated poorly by the airline in contrast to a premium paying customer.
Considering the tone of his post, I don't think we're being too hard on him. And considering the tone of his post, I doubt the GA was really rude to him.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by LETTERBOY
Seriously? Some people choose specific seats for a specific reason. OP being apart from his fiance for a few hours isn't going to kill him.
What are these specific seat choices and reasons that would kill a person if they're not in that seat? </sarcasm> This is a two way street, I hope you can see that your argument is a bit hypocritical.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by OHDL1
And...just what about the customers who take it out on the GA??
They should be barred from boarding . There is never an excuse for rude behavior on either side of the equation. Southwest said many years ago that there are certain types of customers we don't want - those that are abusive to our employees.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 11:09 am

Programs: AA ExPlt, UA Gold, HH Diamond
Trust me, one day you'll likely be thankfully for a couple of hours away from your fiance. Absence makes the heart grow fonder -- as they say!!!
Old Dec 16, 2014, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by SCEflyer
Originally Posted by LETTERBOY View Post

And how exactly was the GA rude? Given the tone of your post, I'm somewhat skeptical.
+ 1
I SERIOUSLY doubt the GA said "tough!" People call agents, sales clerks, flight crews etc. RUDE all the time when they don't get their way.

Those of you suggesting the FA sit elsewhere are missing the point. The jumpseat was broken. The FA MUST sit as close to the boarding door as possible. That means Row 1- aisle seat.

Yes, another pax could have agreed to make the swap. They didn't.

Now, I will say...."TOUGH!" Get over it.

Last edited by Kensterfly; Dec 16, 2014 at 11:57 am
Old Dec 16, 2014, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by Often1
OP's sole opportunity here was to offer the two separate F seats to two people seated together in Y who were willing to split up in return for a better seat. The choice for OP is whether to sit in steerage in order to be next to his fiance or keep the F seats. We all make value judgments. That one's in OP's court.
It's really strange (not!) how airlines claim that your seats aren't guaranteed, therefore you don't get to keep the one you had; but other people's seats aren't changeable to accommodate you.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by sethb
It's really strange (not!) how airlines claim that your seats aren't guaranteed, therefore you don't get to keep the one you had; but other people's seats aren't changeable to accommodate you.
I don't see how Mr Smith's desire to sit next to his girlfriend should trump Mr. Jone's desire to keep his seat aisle seat in Row 5.

And I can't really blame Mr Jones The bulkhead seats in FC have restricted leg room. Not nearly as much room as being able to put your feet under the seat in front of you.

I, however, would most likely have traded seats. Wouldn't be the first time.

What I will never do is give up my aisle seat of a middle seat under any condition. At least any condition that I've met yet, anyway.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 12:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Could someone please clarify the precise rules on where the FA must sit in these circumstances. Is only 1B allowed or is 1C, which is a few inches farther away from the left front (boarding) door, equally acceptable?
Old Dec 16, 2014, 1:02 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Could someone please clarify the precise rules on where the FA must sit in these circumstances. Is only 1B allowed or is 1C, which is a few inches farther away from the left front (boarding) door, equally acceptable?
The B752 I'm sitting on doesn't hava 1C, for example. Aisle front seats are 1B & 2C, with 2C being an extra coupl'a feet from door 1L.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.