Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

LGA - Amex Centurion Lounge vs Delta skyclub

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2014, 4:34 am
Original Poster

Have my first flight this Friday as an Amex Platnium card holder on a quick hop LGA->BTV. UG has already cleared (though expectations are low for this 40 minute flight).

Wife is flying to a different destination and her flight leaves an hour before mine so i'll have some time to kill.

I've been to the skyclub a few times. It's nice enough for a place to chill and maybe have a pre-flight bloody mary. That being said the Centurion Lounge looks amazing. Real food, real drinks, less crowds. Only downside is its in a different terminal.

To those who can access both lounges - when you have a lot of spare time, which lounge do you prefer? Is it worth going to the other terminal? If I've already checked my bags, how long in advance should I leave the Amex lounge to make my flight in Terminal C/D? Can I walk or is there a shuttle? Is the shuttle reliable?

Thanks.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 5:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I would allow fifteen minutes for the walk to TSA security in terminal C, including time to figure out the path. Assuming PreCheck/SkyPriority, you should leave the lounge about an hour before departure time to be at the gate when boarding starts. Some of the DL gates are some distance beyond the TSA checkpoint. This estimate could be lowered a bit depending on your gate if you know LGA well, including the current construction between B and C and again in the nonDL end of C.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 5:47 am

It depends on what terminal you have to go to(guessing delta), but I just did it for the first time last week. From the lounge to terminal C (US airways), it was about a simple 7-10 min walk. My flight was at 8pm Friday, and they told me to leave the lounge at 6:50 for boarding at 7:30, and I was not rushing at all.

I'd say the lounge is worth it. The drink menu and the food were amazing, and it just felt nice being there.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 5:49 am

Programs: AA EXP,SPG G
I'd definitely to the Centurion lounge,even that there's a shuttle no need to rely on it since you can easily walk over in 10-15 minutes.If you travel light-with carry on only-even better,just get mobile boarding pass and enjoy the lounge for as long as you can!
Old Dec 2, 2014, 6:53 am

+1 Centurion...far better than DL Skyclub
Old Dec 2, 2014, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Another +1 for the Centurion Lounge. Way better than any of the Sky Clubs. If you have the time, make the journey.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 8:03 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by gsorob
+1 Centurion...far better than DL Skyclub
Centurion = Full flat biz class

Skyclub = EC at best (or maybe exit row)

Old Dec 2, 2014, 8:26 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Skyclub vs Centurion differences..... EVERYTHING

Go to centurion. I am trying out the new one in SFO tomorrow. I am excited to see what they did.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by olgsr
I'd definitely to the Centurion lounge,even that there's a shuttle no need to rely on it since you can easily walk over in 10-15 minutes.If you travel light-with carry on only-even better,just get mobile boarding pass and enjoy the lounge for as long as you can!
Basically what I did last weekend for my flight leaving from C terminal
Old Dec 2, 2014, 10:14 am
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
You can't even begin to compare these 2 lounges it's totally worth coming early for it
Old Dec 2, 2014, 12:37 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
The Centurion lounge is in another terminal and you have a take the shuttle, which can take about 15-20min to get to it. I would only recommend it if you have a long layover, but I enjoyed the food more than DFW and LAS even though LGA has less selection
Old Dec 2, 2014, 12:42 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Natl Exec
Centurion lounge hands down.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 4:22 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
How are you folks exiting the main terminal and walking to terminal C in 7-10 minutes?

Who are you The Road Runner???
Old Dec 2, 2014, 4:25 pm

Programs: Delta P, SPG G, Marriott S, Hertz PC
Amex is Cadillac.
Delta Skyclub is crap.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Oh Centurion, without a doubt! They had a lovely fried chicken for lunch on sunday. If you can work out the logistics of going from and to Terminal D, definitely go to Centurion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.