Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

LGA - Amex Centurion Lounge vs Delta skyclub

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LGA - Amex Centurion Lounge vs Delta skyclub

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2017, 1:32 pm

getting to B from C/D

Was there one month ago. Walkway to Central Terminal blocked off. Purple route bus in outside of ground transportation runs approx every 15 minutes 24hr a day allows free round trip transport

Last edited by ftfmdtw; Mar 26, 2017 at 1:32 pm Reason: spelling error
Old Mar 26, 2017, 2:21 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by ftfmdtw
Was there one month ago. Walkway to Central Terminal blocked off. Purple route bus in outside of ground transportation runs approx every 15 minutes 24hr a day allows free round trip transport
OP should bake in some buffer time for potential traffic delays on the bus due to all of the construction.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 7:24 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Was there 2 weeks ago around 6pm with 2 hr layover.

Waiting 30 mins for purple bus to go to AMEX. It never showed up. Too much traffic. Went back to SkyClub
Old Mar 27, 2017, 4:34 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
I think the approach should always be "Is there a Centurion lounge at XXX airport? Yep lets walk right by the skyclub"

If I didnt get into the skyclub for free I would NEVER go, or pay a penny to get in. Skyclubs must be DL's way to want you to hang out in the terminal instead.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 7:08 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by ftfmdtw
Thanks.

Originally Posted by kxc262
Was there 2 weeks ago around 6pm with 2 hr layover.

Waiting 30 mins for purple bus to go to AMEX. It never showed up. Too much traffic. Went back to SkyClub
That doesn't sound too promising. We have over 3 hours so I'll probably make the attempt since there won't be anything better to do.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 6:29 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
As indicated, walking is no longer an option unless you want to walk on roadway but getting clip by car probably not worth it even if it is Centurion Lounge.

Please note that buses from Central Terminal depart on departure level (as opposed to arrivals level).
Old Mar 28, 2017, 9:34 am

Programs: Delta FO, Marriott LT Titanium, HHonors Gold, Nat'l Exec, Amex Plat
Centurion. If ever given the choice, don't hesitate. DL SkyClubs are, for lack of a better term, garbage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.