Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paid F, Flew Y

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2014, 11:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Paid F, Flew Y

I think there was a similar thread title to this one but I couldn't find it. From what I remember, it wasn't the same situation as what I'm posting. Feel free to move Mods.

Anyhoo, I found a cheap ($5xx) fare from MSP to BTM via SLC but the SLC-BTM flight was on a CR2 as well as the return (MSP-SLC-BTM-SLC-MSP). Anyhoo, I used PWM as well as a $50 credit for signing up for the AMEX Gold card to get the flight down to $275.

At first I thought I would get 150% MQMs for all legs but when I looked at the receipt, it had the fares as G-T-L-A(D on boarding card). So, I figured the reason the flight was so cheap was that I was only buying F class fares for the MSP-SLC flights and Y on the CR2s and that I would only get 100% MQMs on the CR2 flights.

I'm happy to say I got 150% for all legs! The SLC-MSP hasn't posted yet but I'm sure that will also be 150% on a D (A?) fare.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by yohanson

At first I thought I would get 150% MQMs for all legs but when I looked at the receipt, it had the fares as G-T-L-A(D on boarding card). So, I figured the reason the flight was so cheap was that I was only buying F class fares for the MSP-SLC flights and Y on the CR2s and that I would only get 100% MQMs on the CR2 flights.
You might check the fare construction line. See if the fare was broken, or was a premium through-fare which should get the fare class bonus all the way.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 8:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
You might check the fare construction line. See if the fare was broken, or was a premium through-fare which should get the fare class bonus all the way.
This is my reaction too, although the total fare was sufficiently cheap that it's unlikely the OP had a broken fare.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
they were thru xUP fares -- we discussed this a couple weeks ago when OP was wondering about being able to SDC (was inventory required on the CRJ segments)

see posts 2714-2719 in the SDC FAQ thread

speaking of which, how did that work out?

Last edited by jrl767; Nov 29, 2014 at 8:15 am Reason: add link
Old Nov 29, 2014, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kettle with Kryptonium Medallion Tags
Originally Posted by yohanson
I think there was a similar thread title to this one but I couldn't find it.
Your choice of thread title made me think this was going to be an 'involuntary downgrade' thread.

Maybe changing the thread title to something like "Flew F & Y, got 150% MQM bonus for all segments" would make more sense?
Old Nov 29, 2014, 8:55 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Originally Posted by RatherBeOnATrain
Your choice of thread title made me think this was going to be an 'involuntary downgrade' thread.

Maybe changing the thread title to something like "Flew F & Y, got 150% MQM bonus for all segments" would make more sense?
+1 ^

And, btw, I thought all PWM tix earned zero miles. Did that change?
Old Nov 29, 2014, 9:06 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
FC & BE PWM tickets earn SM and MQMs.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 9:30 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum 100, National Executive Elite
Paid F, Flew Y

And MQDs (Fare-PWM amount)
Old Nov 29, 2014, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by jrl767
they were thru xUP fares -- we discussed this a couple weeks ago when OP was wondering about being able to SDC (was inventory required on the CRJ segments)

see posts 2714-2719 in the SDC FAQ thread

speaking of which, how did that work out?
I never did SDC. I would have gotten into Butte at 10:00 PM and the GF said no way.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 10:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
I have had F tickets that involved a CR2 that was definitely not a "through" flight in the typical sense -- Got the bonus on both.

But as for SDCing -- nope. Never been able to do that, since the CR2 segment could be X with only Q available DOD. Same when using a RUC on an itinerary involving a CR2.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Both of my boarding passes say WNUP right under my SM number.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 11:20 am

Programs: DL DM, PMNW 1MM, DL 1MM
Based on the thread title I expected bubbashow's WYBY post.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.