Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Any way to force ita matrix software or travelocity fare to show up on delta.com?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any way to force ita matrix software or travelocity fare to show up on delta.com?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2014, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

I am looking at flights to Italy for next year and was a little put off by the fare from MSP, $1700, so I played around and found that if I make Italy a stopover between MSP and CAI then the fare would be $375 less. And I get to see the pyramids.

Anyway, I am looking at starting out MSP>>NAP and it shows up easily on travelocity or ita matrix software with 2 legs as MSP>>CDG>>NAP but delta.com will only show MSP>>YYZ>>CDG>>NAP for this fare, 3 flights including a CRJ instead of the itinerary I want which is 2 flights, 4 hours shorter. If I try to force the MSP>>CDG>>NAP itinerary on delta.com the fare jumps $1000.

I always prefer to buy from the airlines since I feel it gives me more rights, more ticket accuracy and greater flexibility for the same price. Maybe this time that is not an option?
Old Nov 18, 2014, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Can you get it to pull up on Google flights? If so, you should be able to click through to DL.com to purchase.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 8:24 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
You can try this method:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...gs-006-dl.html
Old Nov 18, 2014, 10:07 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Call?
Old Nov 18, 2014, 11:42 pm

Programs: DL GM, AMEX Business Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve, DL SkyClub Member, Choice PM
Originally Posted by fti
Call?
Second the suggestion to call in to Customer Service, give them the routing, dates and even the fare codes as seen on ita.matrix and they should be able to get you the exact booking.

Have done this many times .... so yes it is possible.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 5:54 am
g50

Programs: DL DM 2MM, AA LTP, Hyatt Globalist, FB Plat
Originally Posted by tom_MN
I always prefer to buy from the airlines since I feel it gives me more rights, more ticket accuracy and greater flexibility for the same price. Maybe this time that is not an option?
As long as you are not doing a flight/hotel package, you will get the same benefits booking direct with the airline. Actually for airlines that don't offer 24hr cancellation, Travelocity does. If you book with Travelocity Amex you will get 6% back toward travel.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Google flights brings up no link, just this:

$1,360
Call Alitalia to book: 1‑800‑223‑5730
Marketed as AF 9301, AF 1178, AZ 896, DL 8623, DL 8510
Price includes an estimated airline phone service fee of $25.

$1,360
Call Air France to book: 1‑800‑237‑2747
TTY number: 1‑800‑210‑6508
Marketed as AF 9301, AF 1178, AZ 896, AF 503, AF 694

$2,217
Call Delta to book: 1‑800‑221‑1212
TTY number: 1‑404‑209‑3434
Marketed as DL 171, DL 8688, AZ 896, AF 503, AF 694
Price includes an estimated airline phone service fee of $25.

Note that the Delta fare is $950 more.

After trying to navigate airfrance.com and alitalia.com, I won't complain about delta.com again. The other 2 are worthless, not showing all the skyteam partners or showing ludicrous itineraries as a first choice, like FCO>>MUC>>AMS>>CAI.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by g50
As long as you are not doing a flight/hotel package, you will get the same benefits booking direct with the airline. Actually for airlines that don't offer 24hr cancellation, Travelocity does. If you book with Travelocity Amex you will get 6% back toward travel.
This is an idea, 6% of 5 tickets is $400 which is something. I didn't like the fare warnings on travelocity, "name changes not allowed, other changes $300."
Old Nov 23, 2014, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Additional questions:

1. The itinerary that I want has only a 60 min layover in CDG, so is it reasonable to do the Schengen thing and switch from T2E to T2F in this time span? And will checked luggage make it (Delta to AF)? Conversely, is a connection with 75 (or 95) minutes enough? All choices are the same price.

2. We have an unpaid traffic violation (speed camera) from France earlier this year. We only know the time of the infraction and since we were driving 9 hours that day are unsure of the jurisdiction of the violation. We have not been billed for this except for a $45 "administrative fee" from the rental agency (thanks, Budget). Is it possible that the French authorities are so with it they could flag this at passport control and stop that person? As far as I know there is no way for us to pay the violation.

3. If we buy tickets from Delta.com for flights on Air France or Alitalia, who takes care of us if there is a strike on either of those airlines?
Old Nov 23, 2014, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by fti
Call?
+2

If you have the flights/fares and it's a legal booking, the customer service folks will usually make it work. My results are near 100% (being DM may have something to do with that, but it shouldn't).

The only better option than calling is: call back (repeat as necessary). @:-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.