Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Complimentary Premium Entertainment"?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2014, 9:05 am

Programs: AA Gold, Delta DM Hilton Diamond SPG Gold, and Foodland premium.
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
I use this quite regularly and is a real enhancement (no sarcasm)
I agree. I have spent way too much time in the last six weeks on flights. Most don't have in flight entertainment. Those that do are showing the same movie I have seen 10 times.

I even did not switch my ticket to an exit row so I would have free entertainment to Alaska in premium.

It even know which movies you have started so you can finish them on a later flight.

My one criticism is that they are not changed enough. There are a lot of options though and better than the overhead monitor films.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 9:48 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
Originally Posted by greenrebellion
Can someone verify whether this works on Android phones?

Looks like the website just mentions Android tablets but I wanted to double check.
It does not work on my Samsung Galaxy 5.

It appears to only work for the Apple lemmings.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:01 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BusTrav8yrs
It does not work on my Samsung Galaxy 5.

It appears to only work for the Apple lemmings.
I was able to view some limited free entertainment on my Lemmingbook Air on a recent CR9 flight. I didn't try any premium programs, as I was in an exit row. Some short programs loaded, some didn't, which was random and a tad annoying. I was able to download and install the needed extensions on my L'book while inflight.

But that's interesting, I usually only opto for EC at OLCI if I can get the first row (but not on 737-9, or whichever new DL 737 had the crappy hard bulkhead). I'd probably still go with exit row if I already have it. But free premium streaming is not a bad EC add on.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 1:42 pm

Programs: Delta - DM, Ritz PM, Hertz President's Club, National Executive Elite
It also does not work on the Microsoft Surface Pro 3 even though it runs true Windows 8.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 2:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Chilcoot
Delta passengers seated in Economy Comfort are said to have access to something called "Complimentary Premium Entertainment."[/URL]

What is that exactly, and why am I unfamiliar with it flying Delta domestically? (Or am I answering my own question?)
Lap-dancing FAs?
Old Nov 29, 2014, 6:42 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Originally Posted by labjr1
It also does not work on the Microsoft Surface Pro 3 even though it runs true Windows 8.
I used my laptop and it works just fine. You just have to make sure flash and the gogo video plugin is installed in your web browser. If you're using IE, I think you have to use the x64/x32 browser and not the "RT" browser.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 7:05 pm

Programs: Delta DM .5mm
recently from ATL-HNL I was seated in 27 an exit row. I am a PM and I had free movies on my TV so I think it goes by status.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 7:51 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
"Complimentary Premium Entertainment"?

it does not work on any Windows OS using a 64 bit browser
Old Nov 30, 2014, 10:54 am

Programs: DL PM, Hertz 5*, SPG
Originally Posted by rdrink25
recently from ATL-HNL I was seated in 27 an exit row. I am a PM and I had free movies on my TV so I think it goes by status.
I think it is status or EC/F seating. I loaded it through the fly delta app, and I got free movies without having to enter any info.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 11:24 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Since the "free movies, etc" require one to enter name and seat, does one simply enter the non-FC/EC seat but it goes through anyway?
Old Nov 30, 2014, 11:53 am

Programs: Delta Diamond (MM), Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by BusTrav8yrs
it does not work on any Windows OS using a 64 bit browser
Not true. Running 64 bit Windows 7 here and it works just fine.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 11:57 am

Programs: AA Gold, Delta DM Hilton Diamond SPG Gold, and Foodland premium.
Originally Posted by Xeno
Since the "free movies, etc" require one to enter name and seat, does one simply enter the non-FC/EC seat but it goes through anyway?
I may have tried that...but it still didn't work.

If you didn't have to input your name/seat number then you just watched the free movies/shows. There are additional charges for premium movies.

I was watching everything on my ilemming mini and it worked great.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 2:01 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by bonoman
Not true. Running 64 bit Windows 7 here and it works just fine.
Your OS is 64bit, but is your browser? Running a 64bit BROWSER seems to be the issue, not the OS.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 11:57 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Phone: Moto G Android : failed as expected

Tablet: Nexus 7 (old) : Android KrispyKreme : Looked like it would work but failed as movie was loading. Perhaps ART (I had this enabled) was an issue. Clearly this was some bug and it should have worked.

Notebook: As expected failed booting under either ChromeOS or Debian (Linux).

All of these devices have no problem streaming video from other sources.

So yeah, unless one is Apple or mainstream Windows laptops it is very iffy. And there are a hell of a lot of 'droid devices out there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.