Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Delta FCM Promo

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2014, 6:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Cool. Another "DL shouldn't try and sell their product" complaint. Awesome.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 6:15 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
As suspected, they are just promoting the ability to upgrade by paying the difference between the economy class fare and Z. Fine print also says that the entire itinerary must be upgraded, so anyone connecting to/from a TATL flight is basically out of the game.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 8:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by CabinCaptive
Company policies that prohibit first class travel, despite fare difference.
Exactly, or policies that make it a huge time-consuming hassle to be reimbursed for even the coach fare if there's a FC ticket.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 8:21 pm
Used to be 'jwienner'
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat, AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by B7e7US
As suspected, they are just promoting the ability to upgrade by paying the difference between the economy class fare and Z. Fine print also says that the entire itinerary must be upgraded, so anyone connecting to/from a TATL flight is basically out of the game.
Good catch, didn't see the fine print on that one.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 9:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Task Force DL
Love this FCM - Keep it comin' DL! Every ticket I have bought this year has been an A/P/UP-fare....

TFD
Let the Diamond piss contest continue
Old Oct 23, 2014, 8:04 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
Originally Posted by B7e7US
Not true.

I just looked at a flight I am taking in Nov. It is $250 cheaper taking the upgrade offer then just booking A to start with and it books in A with the offer.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 8:13 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by BusTrav8yrs
Not true.

I just looked at a flight I am taking in Nov. It is $250 cheaper taking the upgrade offer then just booking A to start with and it books in A with the offer.
I should have clarified that for my current bookings this is the case.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 8:29 am
Used to be 'jwienner'
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat, AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
By the time medallion upgrades start clearing (5 days out), it wouldn't surprise me if these upgrade offers sell at least a few seats. I don't mind FCM sometimes because it takes the lottery aspect of who's going to sit up front out of the picture, but DL is conditioning people to getting use to WFBF.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 8:48 am

Programs: Delta Dirt Medallion,AA,USairways, WN Rapid Rewards, National Emerald Club
Originally Posted by jaimemayo
Just booked a flight MKE-ATL-FLL and back today. Noted the difference between Y and F was a little over $200 so I passed. When I went to look at my reservation on the DL site and they were offering an upgrade to F for $117 r/t. I upgraded with that fare; I thought it was a good deal because my upcoming trip to MSY wants $336 for an upgrade to F (also going through ATL).
I've noticed some good A/P fares out of MKE -presumably because MKE's fairly competitive.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 9:12 am

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Task Force DL
Every ticket I have bought this year has been an A/P/UP-fare
My eyes are trained to only look at the economy column. Perhaps I should broaden my view?
Old Oct 23, 2014, 11:46 am

Programs: DL-FO, amex platinum, ducks unlimited, pheasants forever
About 2 weeks ago I booked Y from GRB-RSW for myself and DW, 28 November thru
12 December. Got it for about $400PP. I went back into res and they are offering upgrade for $275.00PP
I'm not sure the offer is retro to prior booked tickets or this is really the going rate?
A fare is just over $600 right now.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by schmidlapp
About 2 weeks ago I booked Y from GRB-RSW for myself and DW, 28 November thru
12 December. Got it for about $400PP. I went back into res and they are offering upgrade for $275.00PP
I'm not sure the offer is retro to prior booked tickets or this is really the going rate?
A fare is just over $600 right now.
In theory, you could call DL and they'd upfare you for the difference, which might be 275.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 12:45 pm

Programs: DL PM Reserve
Well, this finally got me to give in, again.

I've occasionally been tempted to pay up and use one of my DL Reserve F companion certs, but have only pulled the trigger once so far (ATL-DEN, when I could get 2 F seats using the companion cert for $200 less than 2 Y seats around the 4th of July wknd).

Well, I happened to be looking for ATL-LAX tickets recently, and opted to use another DL Reserve F companion cert in conjunction with this F sale. $776 for 2 lie-flats both ways (hope they don't swap out the equipment between now and then). Thank you Amex and DL. 2 Y seats were going for $724 at the time of booking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.