Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MQD questions/suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2014, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

MQD questions/suggestions

1. Most of us are head of household and book business and personal travel. With a large family, my spend on annual personal travel ranges from 4-6k min per year (excluding my own tickets). On those trips, I will book convenience of schedule (and sometimes mixing rewards). Would be great if MQD could also include household spend (ie by card number, same conf#, etc) with dependents/spouse only?

2. Just had a recent experience where I needed to cancel a return portion due to travel plan changes (ie meeting change to another city). Given the change fees these days, the return portion ends up not being worth much. And for schedule I had to book another carrier to the new city. Without taking the original return leg, how do you ensure you get the full MQD portion? I called and I ended up reusing the $30 remainder ticket (agent worked with me...), but full MQD should be awarded, no? So I guess the question is why can't MQD be awarded for a cancellation? Don't be confused I'm not requesting MQM, but MQD credit for a paid ticket.

Debate.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 4:00 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
1. No. IMO there are more than enough exceptions already but you have lots of FT company trying to have the rules bent so that they favor you.

2. Pay the same cancelation fees as you. It's not that MQD can't be given for these fees, it's that DL says no MQD for cancelations. They make the rules.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 6:35 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
I agree it would be nice, but it is not going to happen. DL is raising MQDs, they want a certain percentage of elites and assume on average everyone cancels about the same # of flights or better yet, books later so they do not cancel/change.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Don't confuse what is "fair" with what policies DL establishes to drive what they believe will boost revenues and profits.

The most "fair" thing that any of us can and should expect is that they will clearly state what those policies are and then correctly, consistently, and uniformly enforce them across the board.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 10:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
No it would not be nice or fair. Why are people with big families more elite than those with small families?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.