Wiki Posts
Search

MQM credit when "paying with miles"

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2014, 6:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: marriott, delta
MQM credit when "paying with miles"

I booked a flight using pay with miles in First/Business to SJU and my understanding is that you will receive MQM credit when doing this, however, none posted. Can someone explain if this is correct or not. I know that you do not receive credit if booked in coach. Thanks.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
From the Pay With Miles t&cs:

BusinessElite®, First or Business Class tickets purchased through Pay with Miles are eligible for mileage accrual, MQMs and MQSs and will earn MQDs for the portion of the base fare and carrier-imposed surcharges remaining and paid in currency after miles are applied to the ticket total. Pay with Miles tickets are not combinable with any other forms of mileage redemption.

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...ith-miles.html
Old Oct 18, 2014, 7:36 am

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; OW Emerald; MVP Gold 100k;Marriott/SPG LTPlat; HH Diamond
I thought you couldn't pay the entire amount with miles (hold short of taxes)? If you pay entire amount it's like an award ticket and no MQM. Am I wrong?
Old Oct 18, 2014, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JBJ2435
I thought you couldn't pay the entire amount with miles (hold short of taxes)? If you pay entire amount it's like an award ticket and no MQM. Am I wrong?
I believe you are correct. If you go above the base fare amount with PWM, the miles earned and MQM's drop to zero on the booking page. So DL is basically treating it like an award ticket at that point and it will not earn miles.
Old Oct 18, 2014, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by JBJ2435
Originally Posted by LBJ
I believe you are correct. If you go above the base fare amount with PWM, the miles earned and MQM's drop to zero on the booking page. So DL is basically treating it like an award ticket at that point and it will not earn miles.
Yes, but this sounds like best-in-class IT rather than the way it's supposed to work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.