Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Changing award ticket booking without paying additional miles - possible?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changing award ticket booking without paying additional miles - possible?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2014, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dd1612
New Updated Modified Rule:
"you should be able to change flights without regards to available award inventory on DL-operated flights or a fee -- for the ticketed day of travel or the day before or the day after.

This modification may apply only for international travel on award tickets. Have not tried doing this on domestic within USA tickets.
Can you give me a link to where you found this info? Should I just quote this to a flight agent if they won't let me make any changes?
Old Oct 15, 2014, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mnbp
OP says the outbound was flown in May. When was the ticket originally purchased?
In May as well
Old Oct 24, 2014, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dd1612
New Updated Modified Rule:
"you should be able to change flights without regards to available award inventory on DL-operated flights or a fee -- for the ticketed day of travel or the day before or the day after.

This modification may apply only for international travel on award tickets. Have not tried doing this on domestic within USA tickets.
Hi @dd1612, I was just wondering where you go this info about that one day change policy?
Old Oct 24, 2014, 11:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Niomi
Hi @dd1612, I was just wondering where you go this info about that one day change policy?
I think this refers to the case of a significant schedule change, not any old voluntary change after one has changed one's mind. The point is that sometimes when there's a big enough schedule change, such as a flight no longer operating every day, it's reasonable to move the travel date up or back by a day.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 12:04 pm

Programs: DL GM, AMEX Business Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve, DL SkyClub Member, Choice PM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I think this refers to the case of a significant schedule change, not any old voluntary change after one has changed one's mind. The point is that sometimes when there's a big enough schedule change, such as a flight no longer operating every day, it's reasonable to move the travel date up or back by a day.
Yes, MSPeconomist you are correct.
The schedule change was so bad .... that even the alternative flights did not work.
I actually wanted a change to 4 days later ..... but was given the 'rule' that one can change to either day before or day after, if day of travel does not work.

Originally Posted by Niomi
Niomi: you have a PM.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 12:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I once asked to change dates on an entire international trip by a week due to a schedule change, in order to move to a day when the flight still operated, but was denied by the DM line. Since I hadn't really hoped for this to work for free, I didn't push or try to do the hang up and call back routine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.