Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to check what metal I will fly?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2014, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, Delta DM Hilton Diamond SPG Gold, and Foodland premium.
How to check what metal I will fly?

This may be a bit of a noob question, but on Saturday flight number 0629 from ATL to DTW shows me getting an upgrade to business class. Haven't seen this before. The app says it's a 767. Any direction on where to find out would be great. Could it possibly be a lie-flat extra comfy seats? Although it will be the middle of the day, I have dreamed of being in lie flat seats. Yes I am that big of a geek.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Esltroy
This may be a bit of a noob question, but on Saturday flight number 0629 from ATL to DTW shows me getting an upgrade to business class. Haven't seen this before. The app says it's a 767. Any direction on where to find out would be great. Could it possibly be a lie-flat extra comfy seats? Although it will be the middle of the day, I have dreamed of being in lie flat seats. Yes I am that big of a geek.
According to the system it's a 757 on Saturday. So no chance for lie-flat. Since the flight number is part of an international flight the system reads it as being Business, but since it's the domestic portion, it's just Domestic First Class.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 4:14 pm

Programs: Delta PM, United Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Esltroy
According to Delta.com its a 757 and I do not believe they are lay flat seats. If it was a 767 then yes it would have lie flat seats. When look at the seat chart it becomes very evident.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This Saturday? Delta.com shows it as domestic 757 with domestic FC. The only reason is shows as BE is because flights 639 is an international continuation flight number. The flight continues as DTW-NGO and NGO-MNT on a 747-400. The domestic segment is just domestic FC seating and service, not actually BE. This is longtime bug/issue with how DL classes domestic segments of flight numbers that have continuation international flights.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BigDawg23
According to Delta.com its a 757 and I do not believe they are lay flat seats. If it was a 767 then yes it would have lie flat seats. When look at the seat chart it becomes very evident.
Not necessarily, they could fly the segment with a domestic 767 which does not have lay flat seats. The sole reason BE designation is only due to the continuation international flight. It does not mean the domestic flight will have BE seats. JFK-SFO and JFK-LAX are the only domestic flights designated to have actual BE seating.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, Delta DM Hilton Diamond SPG Gold, and Foodland premium.
Thanks all. My dreams for lie flat will have to wait for later this summer.
I would have been the guy to try and do lie flat even on the short trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.