Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

retroactively requesting mileage credit, need physical tix stub?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2014, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K, AAGold-1MM, SPG-Gold

Just out of curiousity, I flew a flight on China Eastern airlines (Skyteam member) last month, didn’t put my sky miles # into the system when buying my ticket, and just now have gone about requesting mileage credit. I provided all flight details, and even a copy of an electronic receipt with my e-ticket #, however Delta insists I need a copy of my physical boarding pass to give them. Which would be my left over ticket stub…that I can’t seem to locate. Is this normal?? It seems like overkill.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yep, always keep your BP's if you don't have a DL 006 ticket.

Last edited by xliioper; Sep 21, 2014 at 10:08 pm
Old Sep 21, 2014, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fesiempre
Just out of curiousity, I flew a flight on China Eastern airlines (Skyteam member) last month, didn’t put my sky miles # into the system when buying my ticket, and just now have gone about requesting mileage credit. I provided all flight details, and even a copy of an electronic receipt with my e-ticket #, however Delta insists I need a copy of my physical boarding pass to give them. Which would be my left over ticket stub…that I can’t seem to locate. Is this normal?? It seems like overkill.
This is standard for partners. Without a BP stub, DL doesn't know if you have actually taken the flight or if the flight has been credited to another program.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:30 pm

Programs: DL FO
Originally Posted by LBJ
Yep, always keep your BP's if you don't have a DL 006 ticket.
Keep it even if you do have an 006. I've had delta.com post a flight and then lose it, and I had to send a copy of my boarding pass to get credit back
Old Sep 22, 2014, 4:57 am

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
Take a picture of it once it's issued. I started doing this 5 years ago and it has saved me every single time I've needed a retro credit on a partner airline. Too late now but for the future hopefully that helps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.