Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Wanted First. Booked First. Not in First.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wanted First. Booked First. Not in First.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2014, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by Bagels
DL's not going to pay for incidental charges (hotel, car, etc.) for a schedule change that occurred more than 90 days in advance.
It would be a nice gesture, but probably not going to happen, especially since OP was downgraded but not bumped.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 8:59 am

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by SCEflyer
It would be a nice gesture, but probably not going to happen, especially since OP was downgraded but not bumped.
Downgraded, bumped, canceled or time shifted; does not matter.

Airlines most certainly maintain a right to make schedule changes. When they are for future flights all they offer is a full refund and/or waived change fee.

This is most certainly not like compensation under IROPS where the pax has no choice.

OP might get some token SMs if he writes a complaint (because DL seams to always toss some miles), but that would be all I would expect for the OP having to fly the next day.

Last edited by exwannabe; Sep 20, 2014 at 9:18 am
Old Sep 20, 2014, 9:28 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by FederalFlyer
Wait!?! Does this mean I may have a chance to spend Xmas in Hawaii with the infamous bubbashow?!? It's a Christmas miracle!
Pre-Christmas Mai Tai on me!!! Maybe my heart will melt towards angry upgraders like Ebenezer himself
Old Sep 20, 2014, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Also, just checked those routes and noticed that both first and coach are listed as "no meal service." Its 12 hours westbound. I'm sure there is a meal served in first, but it's actually possible that coach would be a 12 hour flight with only food for sale. This makes a potential downgrade even more serious. On a side note, I really hope they feed those coach pax!
Flights to HNL are always meals for sale in coach. Even ATL-HNL only gets meals for sale and that's a 10+hr flight.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Flights to HNL are always meals for sale in coach. Even ATL-HNL only gets meals for sale and that's a 10+hr flight.
Which (IMO) is a crime. JFK-LHR can be just over six hours with two services. The fares on the ATL flight (and connections to that flight) are generally higher in Y. DL can spring for a meal and snack on a flight that long. I realize UA and AA don't either, but if HA can...DL surely can.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 4:27 pm

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by Beckles
I have a difficult time believing that DL swapped equipment over 3 months out on a flight that was already so heavily booked in a premium cabin that they had to downgrade customers ...

I don't doubt that an equipment swap occurred, I do doubt that they had to downgrade customers due to it.
I agree. Go online and look at the seat map and see at least what has been assigned. KVS or EF can help tell what DL will sell
Old Sep 20, 2014, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by hnewman
I agree. Go online and look at the seat map and see at least what has been assigned. KVS or EF can help tell what DL will sell
I TOTALLY believe it is sold out. Look at ATLHNL on 12/19....look at JFKHNL on 12/19. Hell, even SLCHNL on 12/19 only has 2 available. SEAOGG on 12/20 - Gone up front/over in back.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 6:10 pm

Programs: Delta DM / 1M, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Emerald Club Exec
Originally Posted by bubbashow
I TOTALLY believe it is sold out. Look at ATLHNL on 12/19....look at JFKHNL on 12/19. Hell, even SLCHNL on 12/19 only has 2 available. SEAOGG on 12/20 - Gone up front/over in back.
Agreed. I just booked December travel to OGG. I'd planned to wait longer and and watch fares but didn't like the availability for the seats I wanted. I can believe it's sold out.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Which (IMO) is a crime. JFK-LHR can be just over six hours with two services. The fares on the ATL flight (and connections to that flight) are generally higher in Y. DL can spring for a meal and snack on a flight that long. I realize UA and AA don't either, but if HA can...DL surely can.
Perhaps they figure that most HNL PAX are tourists, perhaps once/year flyers... while there may be business travelers to LHR that are worth cosying up to with respect to prospects for future business.

Similar to how FC to SJU (at one time) did not get meals, but FC to STT (50 miles longer) did... The revenue management caste system(?).
Old Sep 22, 2014, 8:37 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by flyerCO
The JFK-HNL HNL-JFK nonstops that only operate around the holidays have been full in first for awhile. I tried looking at one two months ago and nothing in first for a paid ticket. These flights only operate around the holidays each year, and generally fill up as soon as they're announced. They all of course operate on 767s, which mean they can end up getting different size cabins.
Have JFK-HNL flights been operated in prior years? I don't recall ever seeing them recently.

These flights were fairly open up front until about two months ago, and then started to get heavily booked.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
Have JFK-HNL flights been operated in prior years? I don't recall ever seeing them recently.

These flights were fairly open up front until about two months ago, and then started to get heavily booked.
I've seen them before. They operate for such a short frequency though that it's blink and you miss. This year seems like they're operating them for most of the holiday period.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 8:20 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Who are you and what have you done with bubba?
Old Sep 23, 2014, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally that JFK-HNL holiday route was loaded with a 747... I guess it got dropped down to the 767 family when the early retirement for 4 of the 747s was announced, so I'm sure that didn't help the F shortage either.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 7:27 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by rylan
Originally that JFK-HNL holiday route was loaded with a 747... I guess it got dropped down to the 767 family when the early retirement for 4 of the 747s was announced, so I'm sure that didn't help the F shortage either.
I'm not sure when the retirement was announced, but I booked my JFK-HNL flights in March, and they've been a 767 since then. How early do they load these flights?
Old Sep 23, 2014, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
I'm not sure when the retirement was announced, but I booked my JFK-HNL flights in March, and they've been a 767 since then. How early do they load these flights?
I forget what the thread title was, but someone posted about some/many of the JFK-HNL flights being operated by a 747... was a while ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.