Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta flight 446 cancelations AMS to BOM

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2014, 2:15 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hertz 5*, SPG
Anyone know if delays are also a problem for the AF CDG-BOM?
Old Sep 11, 2014, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

Delta 446 update

Has anyone made the AMS to BOM connection on DL 446? Still trying to figure out my connections for October 2 and 3.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 8:20 am

Programs: DL GM, AMEX Business Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve, DL SkyClub Member, Choice PM
Originally Posted by Janr
Has anyone made the AMS to BOM connection on DL 446? Still trying to figure out my connections for October 2 and 3.
There are SCHEDULE CHANGES currently in progress for the AMS-BOM sector.
Watch/ Track your reservations closely as seats can be reassigned due to the schedule change.

I am also watching closely the JFK-AMS sector for schedule changes, as Delta seems to be changing aircraft type on both routes.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 4:01 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Hopefully they fix the issues before your Oct flight.
I was scheduled for DL446 back on Sept 6. JFK-BOM
On Sept 3rd, I got a notification from Delta that my flight had been cancelled. I called the DM line and the rep contacted Operations and said everything looked fine. The next day (4th) the delta app and online showed my flights as cancelled. I called DM line again, and the response was the same. Then 1 day prior, I could not check-in and the app and online was giving me alternate flights to choose from. I contacted DM line because the flight still showed cancelled. First rep said flight was cancelled and best they could do was to route me via CDG and I would now get there a day late. I said hold on and chose to do some more checking before having it changed. The app was giving me an option via BOS that connected in AMS on DL148 to BOM. Yet the Delta rep could not find anything on that flight number (turns out it was some temp number assigned to the AMS-BOM leg but shows no history in the systems).
I finally called the DM line back and spent 40 mins fixing my reservation (now via BOS-AMS-BOM rather than DL446 JFK-AMS-BOM). What sucks is that the BOS-AMS leg had no economy comfort seats left, but at least I did not sit in a middle. I was told the JFK-AMS leg had been cancelled and the AMS-BOM was now operating as DL148 (at least on Sept 7th)

End result, this change has screwed up their reservations and yet while Delta notified me days in advance, no rep could figure it out. I end up with a sub-optimal seat (compared to my DL446 one I had reserved for weeks). Hopefully the reps know how to address it now. I don't know how full AMS-BOM normally is on a Sunday, but our flight was quite empty - guessing others did not get their reservations moved to DL148.

Good Luck!
Old Oct 3, 2014, 2:16 am

Programs: KL-AF FB Elite Plus, LH M&M, BA, SQ, HHonors, etc.
DL049 BOM-AMS of 02OCT14 was cancelled. An extra flight DL9929 operated on 03OCT14. What's going on? It appears as if this DL sector is plagued with IRROPS. According to GDS there is expected to be minor TT changes in place for coming next weeks, which clearly looks like they are taking a +1 hour detour due to flying restrictions over ME, etc.

Hope DL is not following footsteps of VS who is pulling out LHR-BOM operations from FEB15.

Last edited by LH757; Oct 3, 2014 at 7:55 am
Old Oct 3, 2014, 7:21 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by LH757
DL049 BOM-AMS of 02OCT14 was cancelled. An extra flight DL9929 operated on 03OCT14. What's going on? It appears as if this DL sector is plagued with IRROPS.

Hope DL is not following footsteps of VS who is pulling out LHR-BOM operations from FEB15.
Not sure if it's related, but yesterday's AMS-EWR was cancelled as well.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 3:57 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum 100, National Executive Elite

Same A/C. And I would doubt DL is pulling out. This route goes out full in J and Y every time I've flown it.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 6:02 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Delta has cancelled the AMS to BOM leg of flight 446 since September 1. I am booked on this flight on Oct 3. Should I be worried?
So how did it go yesterday? I fly this route frequently and am interested in your experience.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 9:40 pm

Programs: DL GM, AMEX Business Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve, DL SkyClub Member, Choice PM
My wife and I traveled the AMS-BOM route on Sept 30th, 2014.
Uneventful journey. Full flight, both in BE and in Coach.

BE service was superb!
Food was inedible & crappy, lots of improvement needed for BE Food.

PITA at AMS security before entering Gate area for boarding. There is a new security process that involved removing all chargers and wires (for laptops, tablets, e-readers, cell phones etc) in addition to the actual instruments + removing all pen/ jump/ flash drives/cards + removing all metallic objects including pens etc.
Very time consuming process. Believe it is due to an enhanced security alert.
Scheduled time of departure 9.55am, actual time of departure 11.10am.
Scheduled time for journey: 10.40 hours
Actual time of journey: 9.20 hours
Arrived at BOM at 11.30pm instead of 11.45pm.
By the time we got through BOM immigration and then to the baggage carousal, our checked bags had arrived. Customs - uneventful.
was out of airport at 00.20am.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 8:19 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Did you notice if the enhanced security was for all flights or only the flights to India?
Old Oct 6, 2014, 8:44 am

I noticed the extra security measures at AMS as well, while flying AMS-BOM as well as AMS-ATL. I had to remove my laptop, charger, external keyboard, kindle, phone charger, and electric razor from my bag. I also noticed the incessant questioning by the security staff before actually going through security. Not sure if it is a new measure or if it is something that has always been done at AMS, but I have never experienced anything like it at other European airports.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 8:52 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by knit-in
Did you notice if the enhanced security was for all flights or only the flights to India?
I had the same thing on my AMS-SEA flight last week. The flight ended up leaving nearly an hour late waiting for people to clear security.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 9:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Called Delta. CS said that the JFK-BOM flight 446 did not change planes in AMS but just stopped to load and unload passengers. Not sure that I was given accurate information. Will continue to monitor the situation.
Use DL's flight status and services like flightaware.com to check whether these flights use the same gate.

I would be shocked if continuing passengers aren't forced to deplane and re-do the security check to re-enter the gate holding pen. Once AMS switches to central security for nonschengen flights, it could be much harder to necessarily catch the flight when it's the same aircraft.

Also, AFAIK all continuing passengers deplane with all belongings and the plane is searched before an international segment. Given this, a ten minute turnaround doesn't seem possible unless DL is counting on the TATL flight arriving very early most days.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 9:16 am

It appears the aircraft that operates JFK-AMS does not necessarily operate AMS-BOM. This was the case even bdfore the schedule change, since there was only a 55 minute difference between the two segments.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 1:52 am

Programs: KL-AF FB Elite Plus, LH M&M, BA, SQ, HHonors, etc.
Called Delta. CS said that the JFK-BOM flight 446 did not change planes in AMS but just stopped to load and unload passengers. Not sure that I was given accurate information. Will continue to monitor the situation.
Flown this sector countless times. There is a change of A/C with the same type at AMS which can be confirmed in GDS:

PLANE CHANGE WITHOUT AIRCRAFT TYPE CHANGE

Pax have to deplane, redo security check including a so called pre-boarding interview before security.

Here is the time to get ready to face some over-enthusiastic pre-boarding interview guys with the following set of "text book" questions:

Reason flying to India?; Who packed your bag?; Location of last night spent?; What kind of work you do?; Proof of residence / Bank / Credit Card & business cards, (irrespective of nationality). After this drill some sticker will be placed on the outer back cover of your passport, then to security check followed by reprint of BP by KLM and finally proceed to dep. holding pen.

Is DL making any revenue or a mockery of itself on this sector? With all the hassle, a long flying detour (fuel burn, money & time) IRROPS + extra costs to airline when pax misses connecting flights both ways.

Last edited by LH757; Oct 7, 2014 at 6:59 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.