Wiki Posts
Search

475K SkyMiles

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2014, 4:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, CX GO, Hilton Honors Diamond
475K SkyMiles

475K SkyMiles, what are they worth and would any body want them?
Old Aug 30, 2014, 5:12 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold, DL Silver
I'm booking BWI - HNL next summer (return through ATL hopefully in first, going over in coach) and it's looking like 127,500 miles per ticket. Sucks but if you've got miles may as well use them.

You could do a lot with your miles, depending on where you're looking at going and how many. I have a family of 4 so of course it's more than without kids!
Old Aug 30, 2014, 5:18 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO/KM, AA PLT
If you're giving them away for free, I'll take them.

Using them in "Low" (or "Saver") can be hard, but 475K would get you two J tickets in "Medium" (or "Standard"), which usually aren't too hard to come by.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 5:28 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by FlyDeltaJets87
If you're giving them away for free, I'll take them.
+1

I would place a value of $4,750.00 on them.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 5:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, CX GO, Hilton Honors Diamond
Home airport is MNL, which really limits my use, especially with DL doing away with the NGO MNL daily flight, that leaves one a flight a day to try and find saver TPAC. Other option would be KE, but we know how many blackout dates there are, and also CZ, which means a connection in CAN, which can be a hassle.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 6:59 am

Programs: Delta - DM/ 2MM, HHonors - DM, Marriott - PM, AVIS - CM
They are easy enough to sell. Going rate these days for a block that size is in the 1 to 1.5 cent per mile range.

And yeah, I know all about what Delta's rules are for selling skymiles so please spare me the lecture.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 7:56 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by LauraTR
They are easy enough to sell. Going rate these days for a block that size is in the 1 to 1.5 cent per mile range.

And yeah, I know all about what Delta's rules are for selling skymiles so please spare me the lecture.
But there are fees to transfer them too, and a limit on how many you can transfer in a year. Is it possible to sell a block that big?
Old Aug 30, 2014, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LauraTR

Yeah, we know you don't care. For most of us, it goes beyond the ethical issues as there is also the possibility of DL's fraud detection discovering your activity and shutting down one's account. Not worth the risk to most of us.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HongKonger
But there are fees to transfer them too, and a limit on how many you can transfer in a year. Is it possible to sell a block that big?
The trick that poster (and others use) is to give the buyer login access to your account. Might be okay with friends, but I just can't manage to trust brokers or some anonymous person with that kind of access. If they should do other things with your account (like use your companion certs), you will have little legal recourse.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 8:30 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by craig44485
Home airport is MNL, which really limits my use, especially with DL doing away with the NGO MNL daily flight, that leaves one a flight a day to try and find saver TPAC. Other option would be KE, but we know how many blackout dates there are, and also CZ, which means a connection in CAN, which can be a hassle.
If you wait until next year, they'll be "easier to redeem*"!

*Delta Air Lines makes no representation about the easiness to redeem SkyMiles for any particular seat or flight, by any particular SkyMiles member, or on any particular planet. Effective January 1, 2015, Delta Air Lines reserves the right to make SkyMiles harder to redeem while simultaneously advertising that they are, in fact, easier to redeem. Regardless, SkyMiles will be harder to earn. Delta Air Lines values your loyalty. Delta Air Lines knows you have almost no choice in air carriers and thanks you for choosing Delta.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 8:33 am

Programs: DL GM, AMEX Business Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve, DL SkyClub Member, Choice PM
Don't sell the miles. It's against the rules.
You may want to trade in The Coupon Connection forum.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/coupon-connection-373/

You will get offers depending upon what you are looking for.
Possibly award tickets in other programs.
Or Hotel stays at hotels you wish to stay at.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 9:14 am

Programs: Delta - DM/ 2MM, HHonors - DM, Marriott - PM, AVIS - CM
The bigger the block, the easier they are to sell. And "sell" does not mean "transfer".
Old Aug 30, 2014, 10:55 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by LBJ
The trick that poster (and others use) is to give the buyer login access to your account. Might be okay with friends, but I just can't manage to trust brokers or some anonymous person with that kind of access. If they should do other things with your account (like use your companion certs), you will have little legal recourse.
How would giving the buyer login access to your account get around the limits on transfer and having to pay for the transfer? I'm not trying to buy or sell miles I am just curious.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 11:10 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO/KM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by dd1612
Don't sell the miles. It's against the rules.
You may want to trade in The Coupon Connection forum.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/coupon-connection-373/

You will get offers depending upon what you are looking for.
Possibly award tickets in other programs.
Or Hotel stays at hotels you wish to stay at.
So is bartering with them in Coupon Connection:
Sale or Barter Prohibited
The sale or barter of mileage credit, vouchers, Award Tickets, Medallion status, Pay with Miles tickets or any other benefit by SkyMiles members is prohibited. Delta will terminate or deduct mileage from the account of any member who violates this rule. Award Certificates or Tickets obtained through prohibited sale or barter transactions are VOID, invalid for travel, and will be confiscated. Persons trying to use such tickets will not be permitted to travel unless they purchase a ticket from Delta at the applicable fare.

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...onditions.html
Old Aug 30, 2014, 11:12 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
How would giving the buyer login access to your account get around the limits on transfer and having to pay for the transfer? I'm not trying to buy or sell miles I am just curious.
You wouldn't transfer. If your intent was to sell all of your miles, deplete your acct and never use it again, you could give your login info to whoever, and they could book whatever they want with your miles without paying any transfer fees.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.