Wiki Posts
Search

006 ticket dropping AF segment (O:WX)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2014, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, DL, US, VX, InTouch, HHonors, Avis Preferred
006 ticket dropping AF segment (O:WX)

I've had a segment drop twice now, and I'm curious if there is terminology I can use with DL to get them to fix it permanently.

DL itinerary on 006, JFK-DUB on DL metal, AMS-JFK on KL metal (DL codeshare)...and a problematic AF flight operated by WX that keeps disappearing (middle segment, AF1717 DUB-CDG).

Seems like a mess in their systems and I'm not sure how to get them to fix it right. PNR currently shows differently on each site:

delta.com:
JFK-DUB
AMS-JFK

...missing the AF flight

klm.com:
JFK-DUB
DUB-CDG
AMS-JFK

...but warning of a schedule change on the middle flight as 'WXnull'

airfrance.us:
AMS-JFK

...missing all but the return

1st time this happened (about 1 week after purchase), DL phone agent claimed that the ticket never took in AF systems but that she corrected it with AF as 'confirmed.'

This time I tweeted, and @DeltaAssist is claiming I need to call AF, even though this is DL stock.

Any pointers (threads, etc) would be greatly appreciated.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
When is your DUB-CDG segment? Are you connecting from JFK (less than 24h in DUB), or is it a stopover?
Old Aug 7, 2014, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

DUB is a stopover, about 2 days between JFK-DUB and DUB-CDG.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
My theory was married segment logic being enforced (you see issues with this more on KLM than AF) but that shouldn't matter here with more than 24 hours in between flights. Sorry, no other theories...
Old Aug 7, 2014, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

On hold while agent is on hold with reissue desk, looking into possible fare code issue - receipt reads L while ticket reads as K for that segment currently.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Still on hold, while agent's supervisor waits on hold for reissue.

They will reissue having harmonized the fare designator and the class of service for the AF leg to K (one of the two was L before).

We'll see in a week if that fixes it for good...
Old Aug 15, 2014, 6:42 pm
Original Poster

It happened again, even after a supervisor kept an eye on it for a few days after reissue.

The KL/AF system is actually dropping both the DL Mkt/Op outbound JFK-DUB and the AF Mkt/WX Op DUB-CDG even after showing all legs confirmed.

Over two hours on the phone (and counting, on hold now) just trying to keep this ticket intact. Getting more frustrated...and confused why they can't even find the problem.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Not that anyone else is following this saga...

Side note: at what point (if ever) does Delta throw some SkyMiles my way as compensation for the time I've had to spend helping clean up their mess?

Another week, another drop.

Another hour+ on the phone, plus a few more hours and they say its fixed again. This time they called up the computer integrator and had them clean out the changes and refresh the original booking in both Delta's system and Amadeus.

First time the agent him/herself handled things directly and not through a supervisor since the very first agent. While helpful, this agent was the least apologetic and kind of all of the ones I've spoken to (though I'm sure I started to get a bit testy with how many hours I've spent on trying to get this to actually take).

No real confidence that it's fixed. Check back next week for another installment...
Old Aug 26, 2014, 9:06 am

Programs: DL DM; *A-Gold
In my experience, DL itinerary shows only DL operated or marketed flights and corresponding flights by transfer. After a stopover, non-DL flights do not appear on the DL itinerary, however, if you enter your ticket details, you will see them there (flight number and date). You have to go to the operating airline's site to see the itinerary, but this does not always work. However, I had never a problem with such combinations.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 10:07 pm
Original Poster

So the flight has held, finally. However, the agent that actually fixed the ticket was so consistently lying to me that I don't believe her description about what she did to 'fix' it.

In the end, my final concern, which is a much more minor one...DL appears to have reissued the ticket, this time on AF stock (057 ticket#). Are there any concerns about a DL marketed and booked itinerary with AF ticket # - OLCI, GE/TSAPre, mileage credit, seats, etc?

MarLim, I was having issues on AF/KLM sites as well. The segment was truly dropping, it was quite strange.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
The only concern on 057 stock would be MQD
Old Sep 1, 2014, 10:49 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum 100, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by cfischer
The only concern on 057 stock would be MQD
but if flights are DL coded then not a problem
Old Sep 1, 2014, 11:53 am

Location: SAN Diego (Hillcrest); formerly LEXington, KY; still like the nym
Programs: DL Platinum; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; married to Hilton Elite
We had similar issues last month on AMS-LCY tickets.

WX was sold by Air France last Spring and is independent now. They still codeshare with Air France/KLM so you can book through Delta, sort of. Seems that not all the IT issues have been resolved.

FWIW, we could not get boarding passes prior to arriving in AMS, but WX knew all about us. Also no problem with getting Delta's luggage allowance on the return. But looks like no prospect of mileage accrual and I don't think we got MQDs either.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 12:35 pm

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by LexPassenger
But looks like no prospect of mileage accrual and I don't think we got MQDs either.
I didn't get any MQDs on my AF*/WX flights LCY-DUB RT last month, but I did get MQMs (and the GM bonus) within a few days after flying. These were issued on 057 (bought on the AF website as AF flights). I was limited to 1 bag, and got to stand in a long bag drop line at LCY (at 0-dark-30) since there wasn't a SkyPriority line in sight (all branding had been switched to WX).

(This was a separate PNR from my BOS-LHR RT, which was DL*/VS on 006; to avoid problems with the "disconnected connection" I did DUB-LCY, overnight LON, LHR-BOS.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.