Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Reserve Amex member - Can I access SkyClub without the plastic card in hand?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Reserve Amex member - Can I access SkyClub without the plastic card in hand?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2014, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond 1MM, Marriott Plat
Question Delta Reserve Amex member - Can I access SkyClub without the plastic card in hand?

I got the Reserve Amex so that I can use the SkyClub. Don't have the card in hand yet, but the "My Delta" page does already list me as a Delta Reserve Credit Card Member.

Will they let me into the SkyClub without the actual card in my hands?
Old Aug 27, 2014, 6:50 pm
Formerly known as scootr29

No card needed..ticket and id only
Old Aug 28, 2014, 8:16 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
It is coded to your Skymiles number so they see it when they scan your BP
Old Sep 6, 2014, 10:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Related question: Traveling today, do not have Amex Plat in hand, but I do have a photo of front and back on my phone. Do you think they will let me in? It was a replacement card that didn't arrive before I left town.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They need to swipe your card because they charge American Express for each entrance with the Plat card. I don't know if it's possible for them to enter your number by hand, but I wouldn't count on it.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 12:08 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Mostly agree with LBJ on the Amex Plat issue. But they almost certainly CAN enter the number manually (the mag strips often fails so this backup is needed), but they MAY not elect to do such. It also MIGHT not be proper for them to do such when they can not see the physical card.

EDIT: On the OP's issue, Amex Reserve,it is clear that DL does not nee to see this at the door.

Last edited by exwannabe; Sep 6, 2014 at 3:21 pm
Old Sep 6, 2014, 1:07 pm
formerly Mdanner423

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
When I had my delta reserve they didn't need the card. I now have the Amex Plat instead and they do. So to your question, at least in my experience, as long as it showed properly on your BP (Reserve shows on a Boarding Pass), then you should be fine.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 9:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Thanks, all. Didn't even have a chance to try b/c of delays and dashing to gate. Do have card now, though. Phew. I might ask next time just out of curiosity.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 9:30 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Gold
I have the Reserve card and I *usually* don't need to show it (although my BPs don't say anything about reserve). They just scan the BP and I assume it comes up on the computer. However, sometimes they have trouble scanning it, and in a few cases I've been asked "Are you a member?" or something along those lines, at which point I passed over the card and got in that way.

So, I would say you should always travel with the card if access is important to you since in rare cases it could be necessary.
Old Sep 6, 2014, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Reserve card is different because AMEX shares the fact that you are a cardholder with DL and it is recorded in DL's systems. There is no sharing of information with regard to regular Amex Plat cardholders.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 7:21 pm

Programs: Delta, Starwood, Delta DM
I show them my ticket and id and that's all, they already have my delta reserve info and let me in.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond 1MM, Marriott Plat
Thanks all, confirmed, they knew I had the Reserve card just from my ID and boarding pass. I am now beginning my year of over-eating free snacks. $450 worth of snacks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.