Wiki Posts
Search

Non stop service from LAX-LHR

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2014, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, UA
Non stop service from LAX-LHR

Hi- forgive me for not doing proper research, but I wanted to confirm that DL has or will begin non stop service from LAX sometime in the near future. Have just booked a business first ticket and want to confirm that it is indeed on a DL bird and not a Virgin Atlantic one. Flight numbers showing DL 34 outbound and DL 35 in bound. These flights are over Thanksgiving week of this year.

If this is indeed a DL 767 300, any recommendations on the best seats in business first?

Cheers
Old Aug 10, 2014, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by nw6338
Hi- forgive me for not doing proper research, but I wanted to confirm that DL has or will begin non stop service from LAX sometime in the near future. Have just booked a business first ticket and want to confirm that it is indeed on a DL bird and not a Virgin Atlantic one. Flight numbers showing DL 34 outbound and DL 35 in bound. These flights are over Thanksgiving week of this year.

If this is indeed a DL 767 300, any recommendations on the best seats in business first?

Cheers
DL service begins in late October.

These threads should be useful to you:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...london-dl.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-aircraft.html

Also, VS does not operate 767s.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 7:14 pm

Programs: DL GM
Funny this thread came up because i had a related question. I am scheduled to fly to LAX from ATL this November. Flight 1655 on BE 767. Is this the same ac that goes on the LHR flight? I'm hoping so cuz I don't want a domestic bird swapped out for it!
Old Oct 14, 2014, 12:42 am

LAX-LHR-LAX DL34/35 starts this month.

Will DL34/35 use LHR T3?

Will DL35 use LAX T5 for arrivals, customs, and immigrations? Curious if LAX T5 customs is open in the evening.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sectflyer
Funny this thread came up because i had a related question. I am scheduled to fly to LAX from ATL this November. Flight 1655 on BE 767. Is this the same ac that goes on the LHR flight? I'm hoping so cuz I don't want a domestic bird swapped out for it!
A domestic 767 does not have the range (~3500 miles) to fly LAX-LHR. As DL uses international configured 763s on LAX-JFK, LAX-HND, and other routes, the inbound LHR is not necessarily the same a/c as the outbound.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 6:46 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by nw6338

Cheers
I like row 1 in the 767s
Old Oct 14, 2014, 2:31 pm

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
Avoid 6A and 8A. 7A is a crew rest seat. Last time I flew the pilot attached the curtain backwards and I ended up with light in my face while trying to sleep.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by rwoman
A domestic 767 does not have the range (~3500 miles) to fly LAX-LHR. As DL uses international configured 763s on LAX-JFK, LAX-HND, and other routes, the inbound LHR is not necessarily the same a/c as the outbound.
The flight from ATL is operated with a BusinessElite-configured 767-300/ER, not a domestic first 767-300A. This particular aircraft is used for positioning for the HND flight, so no, it will not be the aircraft used onward to LHR.

Schedule changes are always possible -- DL could, for example, tinker with its JFK service and use a 763/ER arrival onward to HND -- but less likely as dates draw near although in recent years, DL's been more aggressive with last-minute schedule changes. For example, a major overhaul of the post-Labor Day September schedule was released in mid-August, giving less than three weeks notice to some impacted passengers.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 12:01 pm

Will DL34/35 use LHR T3? I assume yes, as both VS and DL fly the route.

Will DL35 use LAX T5 for arrivals, customs, and immigrations? Curious if LAX T5 customs is open in the evening. Does DL have any other evening international arrivals into LAX?
Old Oct 16, 2014, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Colin

Will DL35 use LAX T5 for arrivals, customs, and immigrations? Curious if LAX T5 customs is open in the evening. Does DL have any other evening international arrivals into LAX?
LHR T3. At LAX, I'm not sure what time customs closes.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...london-dl.html
Old Oct 16, 2014, 1:18 pm

According to DL, LHR T3 will be used for flying to LAX, http://news.delta.com/2014-05-21-Del...nd-Los-Angeles

TBIT has been used for their arrival flight from HND. Hence, TBIT would be used for the flight from LHR.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 2:32 pm

Does the evening DL636 HND-LAX park at a gate at Bradley?

Or, does the flight park at a T5/T6 gate with arriving passengers bussed to Bradley for custom & immigrations?
Old Oct 16, 2014, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does the evening DL636 HND-LAX park at a gate at Bradley?

Or, does the flight park at a T5/T6 gate with arriving passengers bussed to Bradley for custom & immigrations?
We parked at TBIT and cleared there.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 5:21 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond 2MM, AA EXP
Anyone know when the first flight is? I'm doing LAX ATL LHR oct 29. Might try the inaugural fright if it works out.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 5:59 pm
us2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by dean1121
Anyone know when the first flight is? I'm doing LAX ATL LHR oct 29. Might try the inaugural fright if it works out.
The inaugural flight out and back is on the 26th.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.