Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award ticket/companion question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2014, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Award ticket/companion question

Wife and I are flying from ATL to LAX in a couple of days...

I'm FO traveling on a paid ticket in Y...she is on an award ticket and linked as a companion to my PNR.

1). I know chances on this leg for upgrades are especially low as a FO, but a quick check of our flight 72 hours out shows 19 seats in F empty....on an award ticket with no status there is no chance of her being upgraded, correct?....even if she has a companion ticket linked to me (with FO status)?

2). If there is zero chance of both of us being upgraded, how do I prevent myself being upgraded to F...(We would rather sit by each other in Y than one of us move up to F)
Old Jul 27, 2014, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Complimentary upgrade on award tickets is limited to GM and above. That is why I gifted DW GM as she rarely pay for a DL ticket.
Old Jul 27, 2014, 5:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Yes no upgrades with a companion if either the elite or the companion are traveling on award tickets.

OP can call DL and ask that his upgrade request to cancelled if he has requested the upgrade and can't cancel the request himself on delta.dumb.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.