Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

is it possible to view the upgrade list for a flight you're not booked on?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion

i have an upcoming flight that i want to monitor the number of people on the UG WL for previous dates, to see how long the lists get. is it possible to view the WL for a flight you are not booked on? if so, how? i surely can't figure it out on .dumb or the app.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:22 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Not that I know of.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
UA lets you see this from a link when you check flight status but AFAIK you can only see DL wait lists for flights after you've check in for that specific flight and are on the wait list yourself. For example, if I'm upgraded at my DM window, I can't see the wait list for my flight on delta.dumb or the app when I check in.

You can, of course, observe the lists on the GIDS monitors in gate areas at airports.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

thanks for the feedback all. yes, i'm spoiled by the UA app and mobile website functionality in this regard.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
You can, of course, observe the lists on the GIDS monitors in gate areas at airports.
super useful when you're in SMF and the flight you want to monitor is ex-ATL hehe...
Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:54 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Well, if you're connecting through ATL and have time, you can walk past the gates of flights of interest and observe the GIDS lists yourself. Other than someone here reporting experience on your specific flight, this is the best you can do.

However, if you're trying to get an upgrade as an AS elite on a DL flight exATL, unless it's a short flight on a Saturday or holiday, I wouldn't expect that the odds of this happening would be at all good.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
There used to be a way (not intended by DL) that showed you the list and far more details than normally shown on the public upgrade list, but it was patched. Last I tried, I was still able to access the size of the list another way, but not the list itself.
Old Jul 25, 2014, 10:59 am

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
MSPs suggestion of taking a look at the lists at the airport is the only way I know of but know that even that is unpredictable. I've seen flights on routes I fly very frequently range from a few on the UG list to 50-60 on the UG list. Not sure that even seeing previous lists will really help you know where you stand on the day you are traveling.

Good Luck!
Old Jul 25, 2014, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

thanks again to everyone for the input.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
However, if you're trying to get an upgrade as an AS elite on a DL flight exATL, unless it's a short flight on a Saturday or holiday, I wouldn't expect that the odds of this happening would be at all good.
sorry, my first reply to you was in jest and not intended to be a smart a**.

yeah it's a long shot, the route is ATL to interior Northeast in the evening on a mid-week CR900, so the F/Y ratio is pretty favorable and as of the moment the flight is booked lightly with few priority/EC seats occupied on the map and F fully unsold. i guess we'll just wait and see what happens ^
Old Jul 25, 2014, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by PV_Premier
thanks again to everyone for the input.

sorry, my first reply to you was in jest and not intended to be a smart a**.

yeah it's a long shot, the route is ATL to interior Northeast in the evening on a mid-week CR900, so the F/Y ratio is pretty favorable and as of the moment the flight is booked lightly with few priority/EC seats occupied on the map and F fully unsold. i guess we'll just wait and see what happens ^
That seems promising, but only if midweek means Tuesday or Wednesday but not Thursday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.