Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Did some parents really let their boy defecate on a Delta flight from PEK to DTW?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Did some parents really let their boy defecate on a Delta flight from PEK to DTW?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2014, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

I couldn't believe my ears, but the report said the parents laid down some paper and the young boy just did his business right there on the seat! Were there extremely long lines or malfunctioning lavatories? I just heard about this on a LA radio station. The guy on the radio was comparing this incident to the other one where a dog defecated on a US Airways flight and caused it to make an emergency landing. I'm wondering how the crew handled it on the Delta flight?

I haven't been able to find it yet, but the reported said that the incident was posted on YouTube by a nearby passenger who had his iPhone camera on. On second thought, I don't want to find the video.

Last edited by tropicaliceberg; Jul 24, 2014 at 4:53 pm
Old Jul 24, 2014, 5:05 pm

Programs: DL DM, MM
I heard that the rural chinese sometimes tell their children to defecate in the street in the cities, so I guess this doesn't shock me.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 5:09 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Sad, but apparently true.
http://www.thats-beijing.com/2014/07...eat-reactions/
Old Jul 24, 2014, 6:18 pm

Programs: Skymiles, LifeMiles, AA Advantage
That would make for an interesting flight
Old Jul 24, 2014, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by tropicaliceberg

I couldn't believe my ears, but the report said the parents laid down some paper and the young boy just did his business right there on the seat! Were there extremely long lines or malfunctioning lavatories? I just heard about this on a LA radio station. The guy on the radio was comparing this incident to the other one where a dog defecated on a US Airways flight and caused it to make an emergency landing. I'm wondering how the crew handled it on the Delta flight?

I haven't been able to find it yet, but the reported said that the incident was posted on YouTube by a nearby passenger who had his iPhone camera on. On second thought, I don't want to find the video.
In either case it is gross, but the major difference between this and the US incident is that the US flight was a transcon, which I recall was able to set down in MCI. Where would the Transpacific DL flight be able to make an unscheduled landing?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
IBTL... which, hopefully, will come soon.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 6:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Unfortunately I would believe it. In Chinese cities, I've seen adults encouraging kids of about age 4-6 to defecate along the curb on downtown streets and I've witnessed the kids actually doing it.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 6:42 pm

Programs: DL - Diamond. Marriott - Lifetime Platinum. Starwoods - Lifetime Platinum
Major compensation required. LOL
Old Jul 24, 2014, 7:08 pm

It's actually all over China, including Beijing. Parents would customize their kids pants with a flap so the kids can poop on the street or into trashcans due to overcrowded public restrooms. So perhaps the mom thinks its ok to do that on the plane too.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 7:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
There are several stories/threads about this activity on intra-China flights.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
In many places in China, diapers have a slit in them to allow for ease of such actions. China does have a program to discourage spitting on the street, however (a clever cartoon of a spitball becoming a bomb). Maybe it's time for a similar program on pooping. Of course, adults (almost always males) urinate in public, too, in China. Different culture (and availability of restrooms) - BTW, you need to carry your own toilet paper even if there is a place to go.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 8:20 pm

Programs: DL DM and 1.5 MM, UA GM, HH DM
After living in CHina for 4 years, it is not suprising, everywhere in china is common for the parents to have there child relevie themselves (#1 and #2) on the side of the road, sidewalks, subway, etc.

and the spiiting is out of control. Happy to be out of that sewer
Old Jul 24, 2014, 8:39 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Thread closed
Obscure2k
Delta Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.