Wiki Posts
Search

Non-Rev question about travel

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2014, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Non-Rev question about travel

Hello everyone,

I am new to FT and in the beginning stages of trying to get on with Delta, and have a couple questions about travel benefits, that are not listed online (anywhere).

1. Are you limited to a certain number of days traveling internationally, and a guesstimate on an average travel cost out of the US (was curious). I wasn't sure if huge int'l taxes are standard or what the tax name is that you look out for so you know beforehand.

2. How does it work flying non-rev if for example you are flying ATL to Seattle with one stop in lax; do you have to get off the plane and go standby in LAX or are you guaranteed to Seattle?

3. Last one- if I have no family, does delta have the option to swap them for companion passes? Also, do you start off with the standard 2 weeks vacation? Not sure if everyone is different when hired.

Thank you in advance!!
Old Jul 20, 2014, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Everything you asked is on DL Net and/or you can ask the pass travel bureau.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 4:52 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Don't expect much help from employees on this forum. They pretty much despise anyone asking anything about benefits, non-rev travel, buddy passes, etc.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 5:12 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Are you an employee of DL or using a buddy pass? I've used a buddy pass once - no fun . If you are an employee, why would you post this on FT?

If you are on a buddy pass, all your questions can be answered on deltanet or by the DL employee. It states on deltanet, do not post on public forums (this type of thing).

I know many employees at DL and if you are a DL employee and you do not know the answers to these questions, perhaps you should find another job.
Old Jul 20, 2014, 5:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kettle1
Are you an employee of DL or using a buddy pass? I've used a buddy pass once - no fun . If you are an employee, why would you post this on FT?

If you are on a buddy pass, all your questions can be answered on deltanet or by the DL employee. It states on deltanet, do not post on public forums (this type of thing).

I know many employees at DL and if you are a DL employee and you do not know the answers to these questions, perhaps you should find another job.
I simply asked a question kettle1; I apologize. I'm not an employee (in the process so I had a couple questions).
Old Jul 20, 2014, 5:35 pm

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by Noles77
I simply asked a question kettle1; I apologize. I'm not an employee (in the process so I had a couple questions).
Once you get the job, all these questions will be answered. If you are going to work directly for DL, you chose a great carrier. Good luck! ^
Old Jul 20, 2014, 6:22 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by kettle1
Once you get the job, all these questions will be answered. If you are going to work directly for DL, you chose a great carrier. Good luck! ^
Did you consider he may wish to have the info before he makes a commitment so he can make an informed decision?
Old Jul 20, 2014, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by matthew64832
Did you consider he may wish to have the info before he makes a commitment so he can make an informed decision?
I do not work for DL. I do know that if the OP gets the job he/she can fly for free, as well as their immediate family. (S1 company business / death in family, S2 Vacation, S3 travel). Everything is standby, except S1.

The OP also gets buddy passes to give to friends and family. (S4 I believe). I think 10% of a full Y fare + taxes is due.

Travel is also available on almost every carrier in the World. These are a very low priority, but available for the employee and family.

One thing I know is I knew a DL employee that had to fly to the Philippines ASAP from LAX before the NW merger, because of his fathers death. He was put on the first flt out S1 on another carrier. DL sent flowers. Airlines compete everyday, but in the end they work together.

I may be wrong on how it works, but deltanet has it all. I do not have access anymore. When I used a buddy pass, I had access. Good luck to the OP - DL is a great company and I do own DAL stock.
Good luck on your interview. ^

To the OP - welcome to FT!

Last edited by kettle1; Jul 20, 2014 at 6:55 pm Reason: welcome to FT added
Old Jul 20, 2014, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by Noles77
Hello everyone,

I am new to FT and in the beginning stages of trying to get on with Delta, and have a couple questions about travel benefits, that are not listed online (anywhere).

1. Are you limited to a certain number of days traveling internationally, and a guesstimate on an average travel cost out of the US (was curious). I wasn't sure if huge int'l taxes are standard or what the tax name is that you look out for so you know beforehand.

Generally you pay very little in taxes. No limit on days except as required by the host country and their visa process.

2. How does it work flying non-rev if for example you are flying ATL to Seattle with one stop in lax; do you have to get off the plane and go standby in LAX or are you guaranteed to Seattle?

Yes, each segment is its own standby list. Just a few exceptions where a flight has a true lay-over and doesn't change flight numbers. Non-revs should generally try for direct flights.

3. Last one- if I have no family, does delta have the option to swap them for companion passes? Also, do you start off with the standard 2 weeks vacation? Not sure if everyone is different when hired.

This may have changed but I think you can identify a travel companion if you are single. Vacation time is going to vary by position and you should ask up front when appropriate in the interview process.

Thank you in advance!!
Once you get hired do not come back here with any more questions. It is generally against the rules to do so. All of your coworkers and delta net will give you what you want.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.