Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

EC discount for FO companion on different PNR?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2014, 5:21 am
Original Poster

I'm booked on a flight with a friend of mine but we are on different PNRs. I'm an FO and am thinking about paying for the EC upgrade at 50% off. Since my friend is on a different PNR (award flight paid for with my miles), would there be any point in calling up Delta to see if they would honor the reduced EC price for his ticket too? Anyone happen to have any experience with this?
Old Jul 8, 2014, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by markraby
I'm booked on a flight with a friend of mine but we are on different PNRs. I'm an FO and am thinking about paying for the EC upgrade at 50% off. Since my friend is on a different PNR (award flight paid for with my miles), would there be any point in calling up Delta to see if they would honor the reduced EC price for his ticket too? Anyone happen to have any experience with this?
You can call and try, but I would not plan on getting the discount for your friend.

From the T&C:
SkyMiles Medallions and select partner airline elite members and up to eight companions traveling on the same reservation may be eligible for discounts on Economy Comfort seating fees based on their status at time of purchase.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...t-seating.html
Old Jul 9, 2014, 10:03 am

Programs: DL PM, SPG Gold, WR Gold
Originally Posted by markraby
I have been told that the benefit can be extended to one companion traveling on a different PNR, and have done this many times before. What works best is to book yourself in an EC seat, preferably next to an empty middle seat, then call Delta and ask them to link your two reservations. Never tried it as an FO, though.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by benski
I have been told that the benefit can be extended to one companion traveling on a different PNR, and have done this many times before. What works best is to book yourself in an EC seat, preferably next to an empty middle seat, then call Delta and ask them to link your two reservations. Never tried it as an FO, though.
Per the info in the FAQ, I know DM/PM who've been able to do so. That said, I'm not sure about discounting paid EC seats...
Old Jul 9, 2014, 11:07 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I've done this as a GM several times without a problem. I think they will do this for you, and if the first agent you speak to does not, it would be worth trying again.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 2:54 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, National Exec
Originally Posted by rwoman
You can call and try, but I would not plan on getting the discount for your friend.

From the T&C:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...t-seating.html
As a Plat last year I was able to bring up a companion into EC on a trans Atlantic itinerary even though she was traveling on a different PNR. I just called in and they switched her seat with no problem.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zeeb
As a Plat last year I was able to bring up a companion into EC on a trans Atlantic itinerary even though she was traveling on a different PNR. I just called in and they switched her seat with no problem.
Correct, and this is stated in the FAQ. My point was they might not give the discount for a paid EC seat.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 3:54 am

Programs: DL FO, BA Bronze, Avis Preferred
I've been lucky as both a FO and GM getting a companion on a different PNR into EC with my medallion discount.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 4:23 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Wow. Surprised to know this and great to hear.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.