Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CHECK YOUR MILES! bad backup?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2014, 6:32 am

This is more than certain flights not posting.

All of my flights have posted correctly but the totals that Delta shows are incorrect.

I called and I was told that this affected all SkyMiles accounts. I don't believe this as I was also told it would be fixed last night.

Last edited by Hal Newhouser; Jun 14, 2014 at 6:50 am
Old Jun 14, 2014, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Originally Posted by gooselee
I've had that experience too but it's not consistent. At the end of the day, I've learned that it generally all works itself out within a week.

I might have purchased on 6/5 - not really sure but I usually do my ticket purchases on Thursday mornings.

In any case, the flights did post today. Numbers are correct but my paid/flown for both are just showing K/K when it should be K/RU. DL IT at its finest. They were showing RU earlier when they had "posted" with zero miles.
K/K when you really flew K/RU must be Shena. Obviously the GA downgraded you and neglected to tell you. Someone probably got a really nice coach seat that should have been yours. <grin, giggle>
Old Jun 14, 2014, 8:07 am

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, National Exec
And I'm back. That was a lot of work for Delta to shift $10 of MQDs from one segment to a different segment on the same itinerary.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 10:43 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Platinum, National Executive Elite, United Silver
I had a trip take 4 days to post miles, but at least it was showing in account activity as not having processed yet. It finally posted this morning and as of right now it's disappeared completely and the miles are gone again. Mileage credit request wasn't working so now I've got a request in to @DLassist to look into it.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 11:07 am

Programs: DL DM/ 2MM, BA Silver, Amtrak Select Executive, SPG Life Plat/Amb, Fairmont Preferred
...And now my miles are back. I think one of my Australia flights this year had disappeared and then reappeared...
Old Jun 14, 2014, 11:58 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
My flight from Wednesday still shows all dashes, no values.

The email response, which like all Delta email responses wasn't really relevant to my question, said my miles had been reposted but it would take 7-10 business days to show up ????
Old Jun 14, 2014, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Mine have returned as well. Weird.

Well, as long as they fixed it..
Old Jun 14, 2014, 1:38 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
They fixed my flights from last week which had the incorrect class flown and reset the flights back to 0's for all mileages.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 4:18 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Mine has been all over the map this week. It is still way off, and I can not tell what has and has not posted anymore. I think I have my SEA flight Monday, missing Tues from SEA to ROA and Thurs ROA to BNA. At one time this week it was right.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 4:52 pm

Programs: DL PM, HY-PL, National-Executive Elite, Hilton - Gold, Marriot-Gold, IGH-Gold
Mine were down about 20k in RDM and 10K in MQM's, with MQD's down a few grand yesterday. NOW, It's down about 40K RDM, and 17K MQM... and I can't even say for sure on the MQD's... WTH!

Delta IT Fail.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 7:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Hawkpilot2
I flew DHN-ATL-JNB on 9 June. All the miles posted by 10 June. As of 14 June, they took all the ATL-JNB (B/OP) MQMs and Miles away. Looks like the MQDs stayed though. Shows -- on ATL-JNB segment.

I feel better now that I know I am not the only one. Sounds like it will sort itself out in a few days.
On many of these DL glitches, if it doesn't matter much, it's better to avoid wasting your time and just wait for things to fix themselves, but you do need to monitor the situation to verify that the correction actually happens.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 9:17 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Same situation happened to me. However, they gave me a 50% "UP-fare" bonus for T and Q fares, which they have now rescinded. Who knows how this is going to end.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 6:04 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Jet Blue Mosiac, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, National Executive Elite
And now I just checked and my flight Tuesday has now completely disappeared. My flight on Thursday finally posted though. :/

Gotta love Delta IT.

-A
Old Jun 15, 2014, 8:04 am

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
My flight from IAH top LGA was cancelled Friday night because of a timed out crew. My rebooked flights on Saturday, from IAH to SLC and then SLC to JFK, showed up this morning, but as having zero MQDs, zero MQMs and zero actual miles accrual. I was surprised yesterday's flights showed up so quickly, but then concerned that they showed zero miles. Hopefully, it's just this glitch that a lot of you have been experiencing. I've submitted an inquiry to Delta online.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 8:16 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
My account got "fixed", in that 5 of the 6 segments I flew during the past week have reappeared. The missing flight segment was the first of three that I took yesterday (the later two got credited).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.