Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question about split reservation

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2014, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

Question about split reservation

I am flying on Delta with my family next week and am a new Gold Medallion and also have a reserve card. The 4 of us are all on a single reservation. I would like to call and have them split my reservation from the rest of my family so I can request an upgrade.

Will I lose the benefit of first checked bag free for all 4 of us, since we will no longer technically be on the same reservation? Also, we are currently all in economy comfort based on my status -- if I get upgraded, will the other 3 have to move seats to regular economy or get charged extra for the seats? Any other downsides I might not have thought of?

Sorry for the basic questions but I have never done this before. Thank you!
Old Apr 17, 2014, 7:59 pm

Programs: DL DM
You should still be able to get the free checked bags, unless an over zealous agent wants to get technical. Economy comfort seats should also not be a problem unless there are irrops or equipment change. Then you might run in to problems because if you are on separate reservations they will only give you one companion EC seat. YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.