Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Sky Clubs -- what will May 1 and beyond really be like??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Clubs -- what will May 1 and beyond really be like??

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2014, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by Ledfish
I was in the SkyClub at BOS last night about 6:00pm and it was very very crowded. My flight got delayed and I ended up going back about 7:30, as a Delta Flight to Paris was in the process of board, and the lounge was almost completely empty.

Makes me wonder if when people are reporting the clubs are packed at some locations, it is just prior to an international flight heading out. Obviously this would not be true for ATL, but could for several places including DTW, BOS, SLC, even JFK.
Yes, that is always the case for pre and post intl departure as any DM, PM and DM gets SC entry plus one guest on an intl intinerary.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 3:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by tentseller
Yes, that is always the case for pre and post intl departure as any DM, PM and DM gets SC entry plus one guest on an intl intinerary.
Does the guest need to be on an international itinerary? I'm not aware of this rule. AFAIK the guest can be anyone who is able to get to the door of the lounge, past TSA security into the terminal if the lounge is not located land side (like SFO until its renovations are finished).
Old Aug 2, 2014, 5:31 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by Ledfish
I was in the SkyClub at BOS last night about 6:00pm and it was very very crowded. My flight got delayed and I ended up going back about 7:30, as a Delta Flight to Paris was in the process of board, and the lounge was almost completely empty.

Makes me wonder if when people are reporting the clubs are packed at some locations, it is just prior to an international flight heading out. Obviously this would not be true for ATL, but could for several places including DTW, BOS, SLC, even JFK.
This definitely impacts MCO.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Does the guest need to be on an international itinerary? I'm not aware of this rule. AFAIK the guest can be anyone who is able to get to the door of the lounge, past TSA security into the terminal if the lounge is not located land side (like SFO until its renovations are finished).
No, the guest isn't checked at all. "She's with me." "OK"
Old Aug 2, 2014, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
There would be even less crowding if the new policy were at most TWO guests only with the Executive membership, regardless of whether the two are related or not and regardless of how old or young the guests are. If it's human and living, it counts and it pays if required. I'd even like to see pets count as guests, although I am willing to make exceptions for potted plants (if they get through TSA security).
I'd allow one free guest per member (or paid) who is under 2 (no ticket required, easy to check on the boarding pass).
Old Aug 2, 2014, 6:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
NOOOOO, lap kids should not get free entrance into SCs.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 7:45 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
NOOOOO, lap kids should not get free entrance into SCs.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by sethb
No, the guest isn't checked at all. "She's with me." "OK"
My experience agreed with sethb. My BP is scanned and my photo ID verified, Welcome to Skyclub.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 1:32 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
B25 in ATL as crowded as I have ever seen it. Crying baby and all

Got one of the last seats I could find at the window facing the runway.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 4:27 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
Feb 28 is last day all DM's have Exec access so we will see how it is after that
Old Jan 31, 2015, 2:11 am

Programs: None that I am proud of anymore
Originally Posted by apodo77
B25 in ATL as crowded as I have ever seen it. Crying baby and all

Got one of the last seats I could find at the window facing the runway.
The "B" Clubs are like a very very BAD "B" Movie. It is worth going out of
your way - all the way to the "F" club or the "A" club at the top to escape
this madness.
The "B" clubs should be capacity regulated - enough of this SRO crap !
Old Jan 31, 2015, 6:32 am

Programs: DL PM, Million Miler, IHG Platinum Elite, Ambassador Club
The "F" club (International Terminal) in ATL has become ridiculously crowded on the last three trips I have taken. And forget the "B" clubs--there are several places in the concourse that give you more space and privacy. The food (quality varies) and alcohol in the lounges is fine, but free WiFi is now available throughout ATL.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by BusTrav8yrs
Feb 28 is last day all DM's have Exec access so we will see how it is after that
My Skyclub exec membership in passbook and the delta wallet is showing as ending 10/31/15 and on another thread diamonds were reporting varying ending membership dates. I asked at the Skyclub last Sunday and was told they were showing the same ending date for the executive ending date on their computer. I just hope in a couple years when I drop down to PM I don't get screwed with the remaining months I paid for when I was a PM.

Might not make much different in the ATL F even if Diamonds drop to a regular membership. It's my understanding that GM+ on international tickets and those on business class can still guest in people. If I have a long layover in ATL thought I will use the F club just for the deck and to eat at Varsity, but I think most domestic travelers stay in the clubs in their concourse
Old Jan 31, 2015, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by mollybecky
And forget the "B" clubs--there are several places in the concourse that give you more space and privacy. The food (quality varies) and alcohol in the lounges is fine, but free WiFi is now available throughout ATL.
Somewhat spiffier space-and-privacy options in the D remodel. And not fast-food plastic seating. Atrium and balcony full-serve options with far less stress. I head there first.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Might not make much different in the ATL F even if Diamonds drop to a regular membership. It's my understanding that GM+ on international tickets and those on business class can still guest in people. If I have a long layover in ATL thought I will use the F club just for the deck and to eat at Varsity, but I think most domestic travelers stay in the clubs in their concourse
It's bound to get worse with United Club closing on D.

DL ticket-holders represented a big chunk of their clientele, taking refuge in the comparative peace and quiet of a nicely-appointed small club. I'd see DM bag tags in there almost every time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.