Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta is encouraging my 15 yo son to drink!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta is encouraging my 15 yo son to drink!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2014, 4:42 pm

Programs: Household of Delta GM & PM, SWA RR CP, Bonvoy Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold, Budget RZ
Originally Posted by slidergirl
For a moment, I thought you were talking about the lack of a "Zion Curtain" at the SLC SkyClub bar
You beat me to it!
Old Mar 7, 2014, 11:07 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by sharktums
I am kind of bummed to lose the 'non-perishable snack' coupon. My six year old also got her coupons!
What??? No more non-p snack? Ha! Damn! I hit the Delta Jackpot! I got PM coupons WITH snack and bought a SC year pass on 1/10/14 just 2 hours before price switch! They wouldn't apply my 30 day prior cost but I whipped out the SJC10 just to cram a coupon down the dragons face!

Thanks Delta Dawn!
Old Mar 7, 2014, 11:26 pm

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by jrkmsp
I was 18, flying in F from MCO to MCI, via DFW on AA. I've always looked older than I am (which at the time was a good thing). I was trying to be good, passing on the PDB, but the FA would not have it. Insisted I have a drink and kept right on serving me. I'm sure she didn't know I was underage, but I got a good chuckle out of the whole experience.
My first time flying NW (Christmas of freshman year in college, MSP-PHL), I got an opup. As I sat down the FA asked if I wanted something to drink. I looked at her and asked what the drinking age was. She said 21, but what did I want. I said I'd have a whiskey sour and she gave it to me. She let me hang onto it through takeoff and gave me a couple more through the dinner flight. That was one time I let my dad drive home to South Jersey from PHL.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 12:46 am

Programs: DL GE
Originally Posted by AKABrownBear
Don't you guys get a coupon for a snack with each flight anyways? As long as I print my ticket on Delta.com, it always prints a coupon for a drink or snack with it.
Haven't seen this in a while. What browser do you use?
Old Mar 8, 2014, 5:20 am

Programs: DL PM, Natl-Exec Elite, Hertz-President Circle, Marriot/Starwood-Gold, HHonors-Gold
Originally Posted by tbeard
Not a problem…just a bit funny. He is asking $5 apiece for them claiming he is saving me $1 to 2 dollars a drink?
When making this offer, did he also happen to use the word "Enhancement"
Old Mar 8, 2014, 6:42 am
g50

Programs: DL DM 2MM, AA LTP, Hyatt Globalist, FB Plat
Not a problem…just a bit funny. He is asking $5 apiece for them claiming he is saving me $1 to 2 dollars a drink?
Offer him $4. Tell him your not earning any miles.

My 5 yr old DM daughter is going to get her mom and sister in the SkyClub tomorrow. I am going to tell her to ask for $20 a person.

Don't think I will be able to trade her three one dollar bills for two twenty dollar bills anymore though.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 6:55 am

Programs: Delta Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by pragakhan
Haven't seen this in a while. What browser do you use?
It works with all three. Make sure ....... is turned off and don't tick the "don't print ads" box when printing your boarding pass.

They only print for GM or higher.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 6:56 am

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by paterwdb
Any word on if FAs are accepting these (generally) for snack options? I always appreciated that a lot. Just got a huge stack of them from SkyBonus and when they arrived the snack option was gone.
Any updates on this? Delta Points states that these can be traded for a non-perishable snack. Does anybody have any first-hand experience with this?
Old Mar 26, 2014, 7:17 am

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Originally Posted by paterwdb
Any word on if FAs are accepting these (generally) for snack options? I always appreciated that a lot. Just got a huge stack of them from SkyBonus and when they arrived the snack option was gone.
The skybonus coupons I have ordered have never had the option for the snack, it was only a drink or headphones, so I don't believe this is a change.

I have never tried to use them on a snack. Just print out your boarding pass and there will be a HOOU coupon that is good for a snack. I use that for the snack box and the skybonus vouchers for drinks (they are also nice to give out to employees going on a long flight who don't get upgraded or are occassional non-status flyers).

You aren't out anything by trying to use them and like expired coupons I think it's a YMMV situation. I have tried using expired coupons before and as long as the FA doesn't scan them, I have no issues, it's when she scans them and they come up expired I have a problem and I just give her an unexpired coupon.

I'm surprised Delta's system isn't set up only to mail them to people of age. Southwest will only send them to people of age and there is an option to not even receive them if you are 21+ and don't want the vouchers for whatever reason.

It is foolish that Delta won't allow them to be used on snack boxes seeing they are the same price as a drink and I believe the trail mix and pringles are slightly cheaper than a mini, unless their cost is more on the snacks.

I wish we could use them on sandwiches and cheese plates as well. American gives their EP's a free sandwich and drink if they aren't upgraded, so Delta should be able to do the same.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Greetings….so my 15 year old got his gold medallion packet today. Enclosed he got 4 drink coupons….no option for food with these. I think he should try to use them and see what happens….what do you think?
Being an Englishman I would give 10/10 to Delta.^ My father gave me a beer when I was 11 years old. To this day I have never abused alcohol.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 7:48 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by bostonbali
Any updates on this? Delta Points states that these can be traded for a non-perishable snack. Does anybody have any first-hand experience with this?
I have been going back and forth a bit with my DL contacts on this one. The medallion coupons and the boarding pass coupons both say non-perishable and I have in the past used Skybonus ones for non-perishable but as stated they don't state that. To me, a HOOU is a HOOU. I am flying today and if I can I will have a rep scan a Skybonus HOOU to buy a travel treats and report back a real world test.^ (while I am testing another FT issue too)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.