Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

PM&DM Choice Benefits LIVE at Delta.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PM&DM Choice Benefits LIVE at Delta.com

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2014, 4:19 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Thumbs up PM&DM Choice Benefits LIVE at Delta.com

https://www.delta.com/skymiles/about...fits/index.jsp

The 2015 Choice Benefits page is LIVE and working. Anyone make there choice already?
Old Mar 1, 2014, 5:20 am

Location: Location?? On a TRAVEL site??? Arent we all moving???
Programs: DM DL, Plt Marriott, Diamond HH, Chrmn Avis, Concierge Radisson
Global Upgrade Fail

A bit bummed because I chose the Global upgrade certificates, but can't use them on my trip to GLA and DUB starting next week. I understand it is short notice. (and yes I have also read the bajillion and one comments about "If you want first buy first"). There are 16 of 20 first class seats between AMS and GLA and on the return there are 36 seats between CDG and ATL, but NO inventory for the certificates.

Does anyone know the magic formula for award seating? I am baffled that there are so many seats available, but none for the certificates.

Trying not to make this a whining note and not saying that I am entitled, simply frustrated to see so many seats available, but not be able to use the certificate.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 6:37 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by holeinone
A bit bummed because I chose the Global upgrade certificates, but can't use them on my trip to GLA and DUB starting next week. I understand it is short notice. (and yes I have also read the bajillion and one comments about "If you want first buy first"). There are 16 of 20 first class seats between AMS and GLA and on the return there are 36 seats between CDG and ATL, but NO inventory for the certificates.

Does anyone know the magic formula for award seating? I am baffled that there are so many seats available, but none for the certificates.

Trying not to make this a whining note and not saying that I am entitled, simply frustrated to see so many seats available, but not be able to use the certificate.
I can see wanting the CDGATL, but don't feel badly about AMSGLA. That will simply be a middle seat blocked (MAYBE - depending on equipment) and a so so meal.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 7:08 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by holeinone
There are 16 of 20 first class seats between AMS and GLA and on the return there are 36 seats between CDG and ATL, but NO inventory for the certificates.
Is your CDG/ATL on DL or AF metal? The rules state that AF & KL only UG (still) on Y/B/M fares. I don't know how this works with a DL codeshare on AF or KL metal.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 8:02 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, BA Gold, TK Elite
My certs are in... Waiting for DM line to call me back in 10-14 mins. ...
Old Mar 1, 2014, 9:56 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by TechMarauder
My certs are in... Waiting for DM line to call me back in 10-14 mins. ...
Have your cert number ready because the rep will not be able to look them up for you. Apparently DL forgot to update the agent's tools for the new regional and global upgrade certificates.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA EP, DL DM, DL 1M, Marriott Elite, Hilton Gold, SPG Elite
You can access the 2015 page ? When I click the link, it says I have already selected for 2014 with no option for 2015 selections. Very confused.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 1:51 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, BA Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by mnbp
Have your cert number ready because the rep will not be able to look them up for you. Apparently DL forgot to update the agent's tools for the new regional and global upgrade certificates.
Exactly right. Good thing I had them.

LAX-JFK-SEA-NRT-SIN and back in April. 3/8 segments cleared the rest are on WL
Old Mar 1, 2014, 2:19 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Plat, Ambassador, Hertz Five Star
Tried to use these this morning on ATL/JNB, outbound last week of April, inbound second week of May -- no availability. Given that these flights are usually full in BE, I'm not surprised.

Question for the group -- should I 1) suck it up in EC, 2) burn 380,000 skymiles (I have 2MM), or pony up the 7k. Thinking option two may make some sense, but I'm not convinced. Thoughts?
Old Mar 1, 2014, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Great news and Kudos DL too
Old Mar 1, 2014, 5:28 pm

Programs: (formerly) Northwest, Continental, Delta, American, United, ANA
Yeah, I just did mine. Took the miles for Plat and the 4XGU and miles for Diamond. It was a compromise, actually. I asked Delta if they would give an exception to policy and let me double up on the GUs since the regionals are no good to/from where I live (Korea). They said they would get back to me but never did.

I'm on the 13-hour ICN-DTW flight later this month and may try to use the GUs on that flight if the seats are available.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 5:41 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.7MM
Originally Posted by ajg276

Question for the group -- should I 1) suck it up in EC, 2) burn 380,000 skymiles (I have 2MM), or pony up the 7k. Thinking option two may make some sense, but I'm not convinced. Thoughts?
Ive done this R/T a dozen+ times. My advice? Get up front no matter what it takes! If you can buy J for 7K that's a heck of a deal these days. Take it if you can swing it. I've seen it north of 12K in recent months and rarely under 10K.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 5:53 pm

Programs: DL charter DM2MM, UA Silver, marriott lifetime titanium hilton lif diamond , national exec elite
Originally Posted by davetravels
Is your CDG/ATL on DL or AF metal? The rules state that AF & KL only UG (still) on Y/B/M fares. I don't know how this works with a DL codeshare on AF or KL metal.
AF is S, W or higher

KLM is Y,B,M
Old Mar 1, 2014, 6:22 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Plat, Ambassador, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by cmaas
Ive done this R/T a dozen+ times. My advice? Get up front no matter what it takes! If you can buy J for 7K that's a heck of a deal these days. Take it if you can swing it. I've seen it north of 12K in recent months and rarely under 10K.

Thanks, I think that is sage advice. Think I'm just going to pull the trigger any pay for the ticket. Although, in light of the discussion here, I may burn the 380,000 miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.