Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

JFK T4 Lounge: Sky Club vs Wingtips Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2013, 9:05 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Fly paid F and J. AA EXP. DL PM.

Has anyone tried out the new Wingtips lounge at T4? How does it compare to the Sky Club?
Old Sep 12, 2013, 9:10 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
I believe it's the same Oasis Lounge now renamed. If this is the case, far better than the SkyClub. Better food, better drink choices, less crowded at peak times.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 9:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Is it still PP? Who can use it? IIRC Oasis had a connection to KLM, although it was a contract lounge.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 9:18 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Yes, it's the only PP lounge in T4 now. I read somewhere else that it is the former Oasis Lounge, but you cannot believe all you can find on google.

Many airlines with international flights out of T4 use the lounge for their premium passengers.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by B7e7US
Yes, it's the only PP lounge in T4 now. I read somewhere else that it is the former Oasis Lounge, but you cannot believe all you can find on google.

Many airlines with international flights out of T4 use the lounge for their premium passengers.
I just yesterday received a "New Lounges Update" email from PP announcing this lounge. (Perhaps the OP did too, as I searched yesterday afternoon for any info on it and didn't see much).

This is the site of the former Oasis Lounge [From PP email: Location: Airside (Post TSA Security Check Point) - after proceeding through TSA/Security Checkpoint, follow the corridor to the left for approximately 100 yards where the Lounge is located]. Has anyone been in it to confirm that the level of service (food, etc.) is the same as Oasis was?
Old Sep 12, 2013, 8:08 pm
Suspended

Location: No longer spreadin' into your seat... down 187 pounds and at goal!
Programs: Delta360; DL Private Jets; Former KFC Golden Bucket
I'm interested in this also. Will be at JFK in a few weeks.

Any updates? Comparisons? Pics?
Old Sep 12, 2013, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by flyerwma
I just yesterday received a "New Lounges Update" email from PP announcing this lounge. (Perhaps the OP did too, as I searched yesterday afternoon for any info on it and didn't see much).

This is the site of the former Oasis Lounge [From PP email: Location: Airside (Post TSA Security Check Point) - after proceeding through TSA/Security Checkpoint, follow the corridor to the left for approximately 100 yards where the Lounge is located]. Has anyone been in it to confirm that the level of service (food, etc.) is the same as Oasis was?
I saw the email too. No baseball caps.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 5:22 pm

I have long layover coming up in a few weeks. I'm looking forward to trying it out!
Old Sep 19, 2013, 6:33 am

Programs: CX Marco Polo GR,DL Skymiles, SQ Krisfyer,PH Mabuhay Miles, HH gold, BWR Diamond
But do you need to have a boarding pass departing in T4 this time before you can enter?

If so, this is bad for priority pass members as you will only have lounge access if you are departing from terminal 1, 4, and 7.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 6:38 am

Programs: Delta SKYMILES GM 1MM, BRITISH AIRWAYS GOLD, HHONOURS DIAMOND, PRIORITY PASS
Originally Posted by roquejo
But do you need to have a boarding pass departing in T4 this time before you can enter?

If so, this is bad for priority pass members as you will only have lounge access if you are departing from terminal 1, 4, and 7.
No in the past, the Oasis was far superior to any skyclub ever! and I would always make the journey across from T2 or T3 to use it. Food was always excellent and saved me eating on the plane before heading home to Dublin.

Hope it has not changed
Old Sep 19, 2013, 6:44 am

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
For years, the Oasis was landside in T4 and this was the big advantage in it for me (and all other smokers).

Is there any SkyClub landside today?
Old Sep 19, 2013, 6:49 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by Dovster
For years, the Oasis was landside in T4 and this was the big advantage in it for me (and all other smokers).

Is there any SkyClub landside today?
Not at JFK, or any of the 3 main New York area airports that I frequent.
Old Sep 19, 2013, 6:52 am

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I am going to have a 3 hour connection in JFK on my return to TLV. Does the new Terminal 4 offer any nice places to eat/wait landside?
Old Sep 19, 2013, 6:54 am

Programs: CX Marco Polo GR,DL Skymiles, SQ Krisfyer,PH Mabuhay Miles, HH gold, BWR Diamond
Originally Posted by IRISHFLYER1
No in the past, the Oasis was far superior to any skyclub ever! and I would always make the journey across from T2 or T3 to use it. Food was always excellent and saved me eating on the plane before heading home to Dublin.

Hope it has not changed
But the BIG problem now, the lounge has moved into airside, meaning it is now after TSA
Old Sep 19, 2013, 7:08 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by Dovster
I am going to have a 3 hour connection in JFK on my return to TLV. Does the new Terminal 4 offer any nice places to eat/wait landside?
Unfortunately none, to my knowledge. Used to be that one could hang around in the downstairs food court/ shopping area, even when one went to drop someone off. Now, one can't even accompany a passenger to the check-in counter. The restaurants et al are now all post security.

Edited to add: Unless, of course, you want to go down to the Arrivals area, which has a couple of coffee shops for a quick snack (and a smoke, if you want, right outside.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.