Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

JFK T4 Lounge: Sky Club vs Wingtips Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK T4 Lounge: Sky Club vs Wingtips Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2015, 1:11 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by gooselee
Has anyone been back to Wingtips lately? IIRC it was either under renovation or had been moved to another (smaller) location while the main area was being fixed up. Wondering if all that mess has been completed.
Was still in the new/smaller location to the right of security as of 10 days ago.

It's a lot smaller, but I still much prefer it to the DL club.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by remyontheroad
Was still in the new/smaller location to the right of security as of 10 days ago.

Ahh nuts, thanks for the update. I may just see where my gate is and then decide which one to use.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 10:07 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier, AA Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by gooselee
Has anyone been back to Wingtips lately? IIRC it was either under renovation or had been moved to another (smaller) location while the main area was being fixed up. Wondering if all that mess has been completed.
I think Etihad actually took over the space so maybe Wingtips is staying in its "temporary" spot forever...
Old Feb 19, 2017, 7:56 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I visited the Wingtips Lounge last month, it's pretty terrible:

Definitely worse than the Skyclub
Old Feb 19, 2017, 9:59 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Yeah, I visited the SkyClub in December and the Wingtips lounge in January. SkyClub is head and shoulders above.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 1:54 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by CMK10
I visited the Wingtips Lounge last month, it's pretty terrible:

[...]

Definitely worse than the Skyclub
Thanks for saving me a trip, I guess! Was going to check that out my last time through JFK but didn't get a chance.

OTOH I haven't tried that IPA yet
Old Feb 19, 2017, 2:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Wingtips used to be so nice, including their library room. It was so much bigger than it looks in these pictures, but IIRC it was use by more airlines.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 2:04 pm

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Wingtips used to be so nice, including their library room. It was so much bigger than it looks in these pictures, but IIRC it was use by more airlines.
I've never been previously, but earlier posts in the thread talk about a move to a "new/smaller location" which is probably why you remember it being bigger
Old Feb 19, 2017, 2:52 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
I do remember a couple times having Manhattan style clam chowder at Wingtips. I'd go there just for that. This was back when it was landside at T4, IIRC.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by remyontheroad

I'm pretty tired of the chicken breast/rice/ soup rotation at the Sky Club so using my new CSR benefit I tried Wing Tips in Dec and Jan. Only cold salad items and one hot soup. Self serve beverages. Lounge is kind of cramped and not at all stylish. But they have great tuna fish salad so I make a sandwich and eat it with some soup and maybe some sides before heading to the SC. Sky Club is head and shoulder above Wing Tips for ambiance and amenities.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 5:07 am

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
Wing Tips has Red Stripe. That was a fun surprise.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 8:57 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Zorak
Thanks for saving me a trip, I guess! Was going to check that out my last time through JFK but didn't get a chance.

OTOH I haven't tried that IPA yet
The IPA was the best part about visiting the lounge. Their beer selection was above average, everything else was below average. Though hey, they had Apple Jacks available at 5 PM...what other lounge can say that?
Old Feb 22, 2017, 2:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I used to go to it when it was called "Oasis" and was not particularly impressed by it. The only advantage that it had -- and for me that was a big one -- was that it was landside. There was nothing else landside (other than check in) in the terminal.

I tend to get to airports early or else arrange long connections as I am paranoid about not making it to my flight in time. In JFK, this meant that the only place I could smoke was outside.

Oasis gave me a place to be in-between cigarettes without having to go through the TSA ritual multiple times. Once it became airside I just stuck with SkyClub.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by CMK10
The IPA was the best part about visiting the lounge. Their beer selection was above average, everything else was below average. Though hey, they had Apple Jacks available at 5 PM...what other lounge can say that?
I'll be at JFK for ~4 hours tomorrow, might as well stop by I guess
Old Feb 22, 2017, 12:18 pm

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
I do remember a couple times having Manhattan style clam chowder at Wingtips. I'd go there just for that. This was back when it was landside at T4, IIRC.
OK, this was WAY a long time ago. It was Oasis, and I liked it very much, and it had Indian food, which I liked. After Skyteam dropped it, I got an Amex Platinum so I could go in there when I flew from JFK. I don't remember it ever having the Indian food as Wingtips, but it had real meals.

What people are describing now, though, is a lot smaller, and the Skyclub food, apparently, is reasonably decent.

I thought it was a lot better than the Skyclub, but Wingtips and the Skyclub have changed since then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.