Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Changes to BusinessElite Mileage Redemption and Award Hold policy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to BusinessElite Mileage Redemption and Award Hold policy

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2013, 7:21 am

Programs: AA Platinum, OneWorld Sapphire
Central America to Northern South America

Like many of you, I find DL's award availability and pricing levels in business insulting. However, I just booked a SAL-ATL (3-month stopover)-LIM-ATL-SAL award ticked in business class for 30K. This might be a good way to dump some Skymiles.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Skypesos just turned into SkyRupiah (IDR)!
Can't phantom, why anybody with reasonable mileage redemption in mind is still flying them.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, HHonors Diamond, National
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Can't phantom, why anybody with reasonable mileage redemption in mind is still flying them.
Unfortunately, some of us do not have any real choice. Our corporate travel partnerships are set by people who do not actually have to live with the choices they make for us - oops, sort of sounds like Congress.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 11:09 pm

Programs: SA Lifetime Gold, DL Diamond, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by JMKSTL
Unfortunately, some of us do not have any real choice. Our corporate travel partnerships are set by people who do not actually have to live with the choices they make for us - oops, sort of sounds like Congress.
^^ Completely agree with you here. And people talk assuming their level of freedom when making travel choices applies to rest of the world.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 8:24 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by cesco.g
A lot of people with mileage redemption in mind don't have a clue about what DL has done to them until its too late and they try to redeem them. At that point, they're probably hooked to such extent that baiting them in for "a little" more mileage games is easy for the DL scam-meisters.

And a lot of people with mileage redemption in mind have limited options if they want to fly for work ... and sometimes even fly for leisure.

DL's got captive sheep, so the fleecing continues to be maximized by DL as DL deems appropriate for the moment.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 9:07 am

Hold Itinerary Award

I used to see this option when booking an award ticket online. Is this no longer an option? If I called reservations, would it be different?

Thanks
Old Oct 22, 2013, 9:13 am

Programs: DL MM Gold
Sorry to say you missed one of the recent "got your back enhancements" (tm) being discussed here.

Some people abused the system - everybody suffers.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by TheRoadie
Sorry to say you missed one of the recent "got your back enhancements" (tm) being discussed here.

Some people abused the system - everybody suffers.
Please continue the discussion on the above referenced thread.

RSSrsvp - Moderator
Old Nov 2, 2013, 9:15 pm
Used to be FlyingMedallionDL

Programs: DL PM, Delta Reserve and 1.2 MM
Can't Hold Award Tickets Anymore?

Hi all,
I've been off flyertalk for quite some time and noticed that when I tried booking an award travel MHT-DTW-LAX-ATL-MHT for next weekend, it wouldn't let me hold it for the usual 48 hours. I'm wanting to go back home for a quick visit a pick up a pet to bring here to New Hampshire.

Is this a new thing? Sorry if I'm behind with the times. My work has been taking the most of me!

Thanks!
Old Nov 2, 2013, 9:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by flyingdoc747
Hi all,
I've been off flyertalk for quite some time and noticed that when I tried booking an award travel MHT-DTW-LAX-ATL-MHT for next weekend, it wouldn't let me hold it for the usual 48 hours. I'm wanting to go back home for a quick visit a pick up a pet to bring here to New Hampshire.

Is this a new thing? Sorry if I'm behind with the times. My work has been taking the most of me!

Thanks!
Yep changed around 5 SEPT. There must be a FT thread just to lazy to find it.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by Delta Points
Yep changed around 5 SEPT. There must be a FT thread just to lazy to find it.
Thanks, Delta Points! Haha, I have to be honest, I was a little lazy trying to find a search. I'm so beat from work! Thanks again. Have a good weekend.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ld-policy.html
Old Nov 2, 2013, 10:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Can't Hold Award Tickets Anymore?

With DL finally clamping down on all the gamers, in sure loads of additional low award inventory will be opening up any day now.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 11:24 pm

I hope that's true! I want to fly out from MHT-LAX-MHT on Nov 8-10 but can't find anything lower than 32,500 miles even with my Platinum inventory. Do you think this is ok for just 2 days in LA? I'm hoping the 25,000 opens up. any hope that it might?

Thanks!
Old Nov 3, 2013, 12:52 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by flyingdoc747
I hope that's true! I want to fly out from MHT-LAX-MHT on Nov 8-10 but can't find anything lower than 32,500 miles even with my Platinum inventory. Do you think this is ok for just 2 days in LA? I'm hoping the 25,000 opens up. any hope that it might?

Thanks!
Sorry, I was making a sarcastic comment about the BS reasons DL has given for the negative changes to award redemptions. There is not actually any better availability than before.

As to whether your specific flights may open in low, nobody can say. I personally wouldn't make that redemption.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.