Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

SEA-HKG Nonstop coming by end of year, confirmed by SEA SC agent

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SEA-HKG Nonstop coming by end of year, confirmed by SEA SC agent

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2014, 1:31 am

Programs: Southwest, Alaska, United, American Airlines
Originally Posted by Ebes1099
I checked the YVR-HKG flights that AC and CX run and they both use 777s.
Delta is presently offering firesale fares from YVR and other Canada cities to HKG and other points in Asia. The cabins will be full of $39 base fares this summer.
Old May 14, 2014, 4:02 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, CX GO, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by 98103
ok...so LHR has come to fruition

on SEA-MNL:
MNL traffic isn't so much military these days as it was historically before the closure of Clark and Subic, a HUGE Philippino population in SEA, and a 3-4 weekly N/S could do okay depending on cargo. PR has mentioned SEA more than once in future plans, but with the pesky FAA category 2 rating, their ability to launch new US service is limited. If DL wanted to strike, they would have an advantage at MNL over PR...much more than CX at HKG.
This has recently changed, NAIA just received it's category 1 rating, and PAL is looking to expand routes to the US. They have said they are looking at, ORD,JFK, and Florida with newly purchased 777's. I hope this has an affect DL's pricing in a good way.

http://www.philippineflightnetwork.c...&by-date=false

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.