Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Excessive hold times to speak to a elite line phone rep

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2013, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold

I have been calling the elite line at different times (AM & PM) all this week to discuss an existing itinerary and every single time I hear a recording that the wait time will be 15-20 minutes. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
Old Jun 28, 2013, 8:55 am

Programs: DL PM | Marriott Gold | Alaska Gold
Originally Posted by RSSrsvp
I have been calling the elite line at different times (AM & PM) all this week to discuss an existing itinerary and every single time I hear a recording that the wait time will be 15-20 minutes. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
Ongoing issue. Welcome to the new DL. As an FO and now GM I've had the same problem. Try @DeltaAssist via Twitter. Much quicker.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
The PM line has been slow this week, but the weather on the east coast has been miserable.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold

So if you don't have a Twitter account you have to stay on hold forever? That is unacceptable!
Old Jun 28, 2013, 9:12 am

So if you don't have a Twitter account you have to stay on hold forever? That is unacceptable!
+1. I've actually considered signing up for twitter for the sole purpose of @DeltaAssist, since so many here are complimentary of it. But it's absurd to have to do so.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 9:17 am

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
DL Assist is the only reason I have a Twitter account. They are also my only follower!
Old Jun 28, 2013, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Agreed.

But Virginia Ave appears to have decided that your long hold times do not cost them enough to warrant solving the problem.

Customer focus means focusing on which part of the back is available for knife insertion.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 9:27 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by quinnpm
+1. I've actually considered signing up for twitter for the sole purpose of @DeltaAssist, since so many here are complimentary of it. But it's absurd to have to do so.
I actually did sign up for a twitter account and had someone teach me how to use it for this purpose. They are good/quick and MOST IMPORTANTLY, seem to be the ONLY people who know how to apply an SWU properly for the waitlist priority (DL - shameful that phone elite agents can't do this right)
Old Jun 28, 2013, 10:08 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
I called the PM line yesterday and was pleasantly surprised to have an agent answer almost immediately.

Originally Posted by jsmith50
DL Assist is the only reason I have a Twitter account.
+1
Old Jun 28, 2013, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
I almost always use the callback feature when I need to talk to a live person about something. It works quite well and they're usually a couple minutes early for their estimated callback time.

Unfortunately, the callback feature doesn't work at well with my wife. She refuses to make phone calls or listen to VMs and will only accept text messages or Google chat.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 10:53 am

Programs: DL FO, BA Bronze, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by jsmith50
DL Assist is the only reason I have a Twitter account.
Same here. I've gotten tired of the 15 minute wait for the FO line.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 11:03 am

Programs: dl platinum
I just got through in 30 seconds as a PM
Old Jun 28, 2013, 1:31 pm

Programs: DL PM | Marriott Gold | Alaska Gold
Welcome to the new age of customer service. As the marketplace shrinks due to mergers and shrinking competitive landscape brands realize they can cut back on customer service and call centers because the grass is just as brown and crappy on the other side. So where are we all to go? UAL? AA? Granted, I find AA to have much better customer service IMO than DL.

But the point remains: DL (and the rest) could care less how long we have to hold because we have very little options with where else to go.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 1:39 pm

Programs: Delta Gold
I use the call back feature if it's offered. And Twitter works nicely. Much nicer than working over the phone and having no record of what was discussed.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 1:50 pm

Programs: Delta PM, SPG Gold, CC Gold, HH Gold, PC Platinum
About 10-20 sec today.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.