Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Official Medallion Qualification Update Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Official Medallion Qualification Update Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2016, 7:49 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Exclamation Medallion Choice Benefits

I just renewed for Platinum and in looking for my "choice benefit" I find that the 4 x day passes to SKYCLUB are no longer offered. Anyone have insight into this change?
Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:24 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Originally Posted by kscflyer
I just renewed for Platinum and in looking for my "choice benefit" I find that the 4 x day passes to SKYCLUB are no longer offered. Anyone have insight into this change?
significant skyclub quality upgrades (e.g. jfk, sfo, now sea and i think atl) and efforts to decrease crowding via day passes.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 8:43 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
Mods, is it time to unpin this thread? It's no longer about official announcements from Delta about actual terms of qualifications for Medallion status. It's now an all "I made DM, PM, GM, FO" thread.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 1:23 pm

Programs: Gold elite, Amex plat. H Honors
no it will not
Old Nov 16, 2016, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by Joker0874
I have a couple flights upcoming and should be able to meet MQMs for Silver but still pretty short on MQDs for Silver. I don't have any of the Delta AMEX cards. If I don't meet the MQDs, I won't be given Silver correct?
you are correct, you need ask the MQD's
Old Nov 16, 2016, 1:32 pm

dollar run

Originally Posted by PassengerPoldberg
It looks like I'm going to be about 1,000 MQD's short of qualifying for SM after all of my normal travel plans. Do you think SM perks are worth a mileage run at the end of 2016? I'm leaning towards doing it, but wanted to see what everyone thinks.
I did it for $93 dollar shortfall on MQD. Felt worth it for that
Old Nov 16, 2016, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by 3furballs
UGH! When I finish all the flights I have booked in the next three weeks I will be 5 MQS short of PM and $325 over the MQD, and I suspect I will want to shoot myself.
Do a mileage run
Old Dec 5, 2016, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Can we eliminate Medallion Qualification Dollar?

I don't like change a new SkyMiles program. It's not acceptable for the behaviors. We want to bring MQM back. I WANT BACK! I'm tired of waiting! Delta had no right to change a new SkyMiles program. They violated those customers' rights.

Eliminate MQD requirements now! Elimination them!
Old Dec 5, 2016, 10:15 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
I'm lost with respect to your post. MQMs are still a qualification. No need to bring them back because they haven't gone anywhere. The addition of MQDs was announced eons ago. Nothing new here.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by jspira
I'm lost with respect to your post. MQMs are still a qualification. No need to bring them back because they haven't gone anywhere. The addition of MQDs was announced eons ago. Nothing new here.
I don't care! All I want to bring it back. I'm hear enough! I don't want to wait forever. I don't want to ask MQD requirements. I don't want to!
Old Dec 6, 2016, 2:27 pm

Programs: Delta, Hilton, United, American, Starwood, Holiday Inn
I am a 2+ million miler on Delta so Gold for life. I am 8100 miles short of Platinum for next year. Got the 10,000 + 10,000 bonus from my Amex card. No other trips planned... Any other ideas how to get to Platinum before the end of the year besides buying 10,000 MQMs for $1800?

Bummer that you are a Gold, but need to start from 0 MQMs to get to the 75,000 for Platinum...
Old Dec 6, 2016, 7:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
mileage run?
Old Dec 8, 2016, 9:30 am

Programs: Delta
Need to add approx $780 in MQD's before EOY and am only flying a MSP-BWI RT flight.

Should I buy MQMs (which add MQDs as well) or should I pay to upgrade to First and see if that puts me over the top?
Old Dec 8, 2016, 10:35 am

Programs: Skymiles
I currently have 37K MQMs. Will get and additional ~14K MQMs by end of this year and another 14K at the start. However I am short on the MQD for gold by 8k. I have a tax payment which will cover it but will cost me 1.8% (~$150). Should I make the payment and start the next year trips 26K (12K rollover + 14K on a trip) MQM and gold status or 40K rollover MQM with silver status? I will probably be flying every week next year.

PS: Platinum this year, Diamond last but hardly flew this year.

Last edited by Atlanta_Traveller; Dec 8, 2016 at 10:40 am
Old Dec 8, 2016, 11:04 am

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Originally Posted by Atlanta_Traveller
I currently have 37K MQMs. Will get and additional ~14K MQMs by end of this year and another 14K at the start. However I am short on the MQD for gold by 8k. I have a tax payment which will cover it but will cost me 1.8% (~$150). Should I make the payment and start the next year trips 26K (12K rollover + 14K on a trip) MQM and gold status or 40K rollover MQM with silver status? I will probably be flying every week next year.

PS: Platinum this year, Diamond last but hardly flew this year.
Welcome to FT. The details are a little confusing. Are you saying the tax payment will qualify for the 25K on an AMEX - because the payment won't get you any MQD.

Do you qualify for Silver? If so, I understand your 26K rollover, but don't understand the Gold?

Can you clarify some of this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.