Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Official Medallion Qualification Update Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Official Medallion Qualification Update Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2015, 5:54 am

Programs: SPG Plat, DL Diamond
Diamond for 2016

I just hit the 25,000 credit card spend threshold and had 190K rollover miles, so have technically hit diamond again. Does anybody know when I'll receive the qualification email and Choice Benefits? When I go into the Choice Benefits page, it still hasn't registered.

Loving Delta's Skymiles program!
Old Feb 7, 2015, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I'm in the same boat. I'm hoping Delta recognizes my AMEX spending when the February statement posts in a day or two.

Bruce
Old Feb 7, 2015, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cdscrase
I just hit the 25,000 credit card spend threshold and had 190K rollover miles, so have technically hit diamond again. Does anybody know when I'll receive the qualification email and Choice Benefits? When I go into the Choice Benefits page, it still hasn't registered.

Loving Delta's Skymiles program!
I hardly know how that Choice Benefits thing works. I just looked at it and had three awards, two for 2015 (that said PM and DM) and one (that said PM) from 2014. So I claimed 4RUCs from 2014 but reading this thread makes it appear that I might get another two for 2016 as soon as I hit DM this year. I had more than 75K rollover but did not see anything for this year's PM qualification. I did remember using GUCs last year but they must have been one of those from 2014.

Is that correct, are things working properly, and were the 2014 RUCs just something that I forgot to collect last year?
Old Feb 7, 2015, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Originally Posted by monitor
I hardly know how that Choice Benefits thing works. I just looked at it and had three awards, two for 2015 (that said PM and DM) and one (that said PM) from 2014. So I claimed 4RUCs from 2014 but reading this thread makes it appear that I might get another two for 2016 as soon as I hit DM this year. I had more than 75K rollover but did not see anything for this year's PM qualification. I did remember using GUCs last year but they must have been one of those from 2014.

Is that correct, are things working properly, and were the 2014 RUCs just something that I forgot to collect last year?
Monitor, you are correct, I just redeemed my 2014 Choice Benefits since the later you redeem, the longer the RUCs and GUCs are supposed to be good for. I believe we have until the end of February to redeem the 2014, but I too am a bit unsure how this entire Choice Benefits programs works.

I have my 2015 Plat and Diamond Choices out there and will wait to redeem them. I won't hit PM and DM until later in the year since I don't have any rollover with my short 4 segment flights a week.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 8:29 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Originally Posted by cdscrase
I just hit the 25,000 credit card spend threshold and had 190K rollover miles, so have technically hit diamond again. Does anybody know when I'll receive the qualification email and Choice Benefits?
A qualification email? Never received one.
My guess it will be March 1, 2015. Why?

Current Status, effective: MAR 01 2014 — FEB 28 2015
Delta One and Comfort+ will be effective March 1, 2015.
Choice Benefits selections for 2014 status need to be made by February 28, 2015.
Complimentary Executive Membership is provided to 2014 Diamond Medallion members through February 28, 2015.
Discounts for Diamond, Platinum and Gold Medallion members are available on Executive Memberships only and are only available through February 28, 2015.

Last edited by Grouchy; Feb 9, 2015 at 8:37 am
Old Mar 6, 2015, 7:58 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum-3 MM Marriott Lifetime Plat Hyatt Globalist
Does it matter when I hit DM status this year? If I get it any time in 2015 does than mean I have DM for the entire 2016 assuming MQD has already been met?

Thanks
Old Mar 6, 2015, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by robertw477
Does it matter when I hit DM status this year? If I get it any time in 2015 does than mean I have DM for the entire 2016 assuming MQD has already been met?

Thanks
You get DM status for the rest of 2015 (assuming you don't already have that), all of 2016, and January 2017.

The only difference is that you can select your Diamond Benefits earlier, if you want.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 11:09 pm

Programs: Delta GM
Cheers all - first post here, so not sure if this is proper place.

Small question – I'm flying JFK to SFO in about 3 weeks. I called to try and upgrade via pay with Miles as I am only GM (K class - sufficient miles), however they said they could not place me at that time even though there were plenty of seats. She seemed a bit confused as she should have been able to place me. Anybody experienced this? Should I just call back closer to my flight?

Thanks!
Old Apr 28, 2015, 6:54 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by grant_h
Cheers all - first post here, so not sure if this is proper place.

Small question – I'm flying JFK to SFO in about 3 weeks. I called to try and upgrade via pay with Miles as I am only GM (K class - sufficient miles), however they said they could not place me at that time even though there were plenty of seats. She seemed a bit confused as she should have been able to place me. Anybody experienced this? Should I just call back closer to my flight?

Thanks!
Welcome to FlyerTalk! This is the wrong thread for this question, so hopefully a mod can move your post to a more appropriate location.

Your post is a bit unclear. To "upgrade via pay with miles", when available you pay the difference between your coach fare and the business class fare in miles. So if your fare was $400 and business is $1000, you pay something like 60,000 miles to upgrade. However, this does not require a K class fare.

To "upgrade with miles", you need only 12,500 miles, but this requires at least a K fare. However, it also needs upgrade availability (from the "OP" bucket, which you can't see online -- you need to call to find out if "OP" is available). Delta is very stingy with OP availability in general, and specifically on these routes. It's not uncommon to find 0 OP on all flights on a given day for these routes, even if it looks like there are "plenty of seats" available on the seat map. These flights regularly sell out up front, booking up only a few days before departure.

You can waitlist a mileage upgrade if OP is not available. However if it does not clear before you get to the airport, the gate agent may or may not process the upgrade at the gate if any seats remain available.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 11:53 am

Programs: Delta GM
Originally Posted by bennos
Welcome to FlyerTalk! This is the wrong thread for this question, so hopefully a mod can move your post to a more appropriate location.

Your post is a bit unclear. To "upgrade via pay with miles", when available you pay the difference between your coach fare and the business class fare in miles. So if your fare was $400 and business is $1000, you pay something like 60,000 miles to upgrade. However, this does not require a K class fare.

To "upgrade with miles", you need only 12,500 miles, but this requires at least a K fare. However, it also needs upgrade availability (from the "OP" bucket, which you can't see online -- you need to call to find out if "OP" is available). Delta is very stingy with OP availability in general, and specifically on these routes. It's not uncommon to find 0 OP on all flights on a given day for these routes, even if it looks like there are "plenty of seats" available on the seat map. These flights regularly sell out up front, booking up only a few days before departure.

You can waitlist a mileage upgrade if OP is not available. However if it does not clear before you get to the airport, the gate agent may or may not process the upgrade at the gate if any seats remain available.
Yep - think we are on same page. I called and got waitlisted – I think what you said re: OP is true.

Thanks (sorry for wrong thread).
Old Sep 1, 2015, 4:26 am

I just qualified for Delta Gold Medallion. I'm just wondering - have they stopped issuing the physical cards?
Old Sep 2, 2015, 4:29 pm

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
Originally Posted by In Yukon
I just qualified for Delta Gold Medallion. I'm just wondering - have they stopped issuing the physical cards?
I think all you get is luggage tags. Not a medallion card
Old Sep 3, 2015, 7:54 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by In Yukon
Gold and higher still get physical cards and drink chits. Silvers only get the virtual card.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 9:00 pm

I gave up on UA this year, after 3 decades in the Bay Area and close to 3mm on the airline. Just too much crummy service. Went with DL, big time, and man, were my eyes opened. Far superior service, employees who seem to care, and a brand new Sky Club on the security side of security. Not to mention that UA gave up on my favorite route, SFO-JFK, and DL increased service (and had better service) as well as used Go-Go (which I get unlimited yearly service for, and UA doesn't use).

So my question is: I've just crossed 125k medallion miles and am waiting for my Diamond card. I am well on my way to go over 250K medallion (last quarter is a killer). Will they really roll over all those miles and make me double medallion into subsequent year? Do they have to wait to verify that I do the appropriate "spend" for the qualification?

This rollover miles thing has gotten me truly sold. UA and AA don't have it. AAdvantage: Delta.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by FullFare
So my question is: I've just crossed 125k medallion miles and am waiting for my Diamond card. I am well on my way to go over 250K medallion (last quarter is a killer). Will they really roll over all those miles and make me double medallion into subsequent year? Do they have to wait to verify that I do the appropriate "spend" for the qualification?
You don't get status until you have the appropriate MQD (or a waiver by either being non-US or $25,000 on Amex). So even if you have a million MQMs rolling over, it won't get you immediate status (not that it matters unless you want to pick up your PM and DM perks immediately).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.