Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Official Medallion Qualification Update Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Official Medallion Qualification Update Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2014, 1:16 am

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Maybe DL has a bulk fare issue with EQD like UA?
This sounds plausible. Are others encountering problems with this?

Originally Posted by AEsteve
It may depend on your company travel policy. Are you allowed to link your skymiles number to your 'profile' with your company travel agency?
Yes, my skymiles number is linked with my profile.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 11:02 pm

Bought a ticket from SAN-OGG that departs in 2014 and returns in 2015. When I purchased, receipt said I would get X number of Skymiles, X bonus miles and $X MQD's for the trip. Does this mean that I will have ENTIRE purchase credited to 2014 MQD requirement or will they split and award applicable amount toward 2014 for Dec. outbound and the other half for return flights in Jan, 2015?
Old Jun 26, 2014, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
They will split it.

Bruce
Old Jun 27, 2014, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by SEA-Flyer
I'm relatively new to Delta, and trying to figure out the MQD qualification process. I have to book all my travel through my corporate travel agency, where we have negotiated fares with a variety of airlines (including Delta). When I look at my account, I see that I have 20k MQMs so far this year, but my MQD is only $278. It appears that only my spend on economy comfort is showing up as MQD, but the cost of my tickets are not showing up. The last ticket was $1k. My next flight is $2.5k. Both trips were Delta flights, ticketed on Delta (no code-shares or anything like that going on).

Is it normal to not have the cost of these tickets count towards MQD? It is frustrating to think that after this next trip, I'll be at 30k MQMs for the year with $3.9k of spend and still have 0 status, because they don't properly reflect the spend.
I'd be less surprised if you didn't get MQMs.

What shows up when you look up a ticket receipt on delta.com?
Old Jun 28, 2014, 1:01 am

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Originally Posted by sethb
I'd be less surprised if you didn't get MQMs.

What shows up when you look up a ticket receipt on delta.com?
Looking at my ticket for tomorrow's flight, looks like it is bulk:

Fare: IT
Taxes/Carrier-Imposed Fees: 391.44
Total: IT

Detailed Tax Information
AY 1.85
FR 7.85
FR 12.75
IZ 4.51
QX 28.45
US 12.90
US 12.90
XA 3.69
XF 3.32
XY 5.16
YC 4.06
YR 294.00
Total: 391.44

Booked into S fare bucket, ticket cost was $2500. Looks like I'll get no MQM for this. Shouldn't I at least get the carrier imposed surcharges (YR of $294)?
Old Jun 28, 2014, 6:24 pm

Programs: skymiles
Choice Benefit Ripoff Alert

Choice benefit ripoff alert. Transferred mileage program to Delta in 2013. Earned platinum status near end of year. Received award letter stating my choice benefit included (4) systemwide upgrades (the reason I switched to Delta). Applied for my award in 2014, Delta took it away. Said sorry doesn't exist anymore. Have others been ripped off? Considering class action suit with Chicago law firm.
Old Jun 28, 2014, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by Deltavictim
Choice benefit ripoff alert. Transferred mileage program to Delta in 2013. Earned platinum status near end of year. Received award letter stating my choice benefit included (4) systemwide upgrades (the reason I switched to Delta). Applied for my award in 2014, Delta took it away. Said sorry doesn't exist anymore. Have others been ripped off? Considering class action suit with Chicago law firm.
They won't take it, and you'd lose easily. The terms of the program say Delta can change the terms of the program at any time, and you knew (or should have known) that SWUs were going away at the end of February; you could have claimed them had you acted earlier.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by SEA-Flyer
Looking at my ticket for tomorrow's flight, looks like it is bulk:

Fare: IT
Taxes/Carrier-Imposed Fees: 391.44
Total: IT

Booked into S fare bucket, ticket cost was $2500. Looks like I'll get no MQM for this. Shouldn't I at least get the carrier imposed surcharges (YR of $294)?
You'll get zero MQDs for it, and reduced MQM earnings, but not zero. From an S fare the 'special' earnings for consolidator/group/discount travel is 75% miles and MQM.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by rylan
You'll get zero MQDs for it, and reduced MQM earnings, but not zero. From an S fare the 'special' earnings for consolidator/group/discount travel is 75% miles and MQM.
For what it's worth, I booked some business class flights through a travel agent and did not get any MQDs for it. I wrote Delta, and this was their response:

Thank you for writing to Delta Air Lines and allowing us to review your concern regarding Medallion Qualification Dollars.

Our records indicate that the ticket is a Bulk Fare ticket booked through a travel agent which is not eligible to earn MQDs.

Certain tickets, including but not limited to bulk, consolidator, cruise, vacation packages (including Delta Vacations packages), inclusive tour and other tickets where the fare is not disclosed, will not earn full mileage credit and will not count toward Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQDs). These special fares are often referred to as ‘unpublished fares’. They are typically sold by a third party or travel agent and examples include but not limited to:

• Group fares
• Student fares
• Consolidator fares
• Flights included as part of a tour or cruise package
• Hotwire and Priceline.com tickets

This restriction aligns with the mileage policies of our airline partners as well as with other airlines.

Please note that tickets purchased directly through us -- which comprise the vast majority of our tickets sold -- are considered “published fares” and will continue to earn full mileage credit. These include tickets bought via delta.com and Delta Vacations, as well as government military, corporate, sports and university fares. Plus, “unpublished fares” purchased in the Asia Pacific region will continue to earn full mileage credit. You will also continue to earn full mileage credit based on SkyMiles program rules for published fare tickets purchased with a travel agent.

For more information, you may click on the following URL.

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...ion-fares.html
Old Jul 7, 2014, 4:02 pm

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by pcourt
For what it's worth, I booked some business class flights through a travel agent and did not get any MQDs for it. I wrote Delta, and this was their response:

Thank you for writing to Delta Air Lines and allowing us to review your concern regarding Medallion Qualification Dollars.

Our records indicate that the ticket is a Bulk Fare ticket booked through a travel agent which is not eligible to earn MQDs.

Certain tickets, including but not limited to bulk, consolidator, cruise, vacation packages (including Delta Vacations packages), inclusive tour and other tickets where the fare is not disclosed, will not earn full mileage credit and will not count toward Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQDs). These special fares are often referred to as ‘unpublished fares’. They are typically sold by a third party or travel agent and examples include but not limited to:

• Group fares
• Student fares
• Consolidator fares
• Flights included as part of a tour or cruise package
• Hotwire and Priceline.com tickets

This restriction aligns with the mileage policies of our airline partners as well as with other airlines.

Please note that tickets purchased directly through us -- which comprise the vast majority of our tickets sold -- are considered “published fares” and will continue to earn full mileage credit. These include tickets bought via delta.com and Delta Vacations, as well as government military, corporate, sports and university fares. Plus, “unpublished fares” purchased in the Asia Pacific region will continue to earn full mileage credit. You will also continue to earn full mileage credit based on SkyMiles program rules for published fare tickets purchased with a travel agent.

For more information, you may click on the following URL.

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...ion-fares.html
Yes this has been going on since last Sept. Many people have reported trips booked through a Travel Agent or DL vacations get $0 MQD's. In most cases you get MQM's but that helps very little in getting to the spending levels. It's the reason I moved to AA after a $5k trip got 0 MQD's.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 12:55 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
When does the MQD waiver update

I am trying to figure out when the MQD waiver "as of date" updates. My last update was 6/25 and then it just updated again on 7/7, so no real rhyme or reason to it. I miscalculated my MQDs and so I am just short right now of Platinum, but with over 100k in MQM and a RT flight SEA-ICN on the 11th, which would be nice as a Platinum instead of Gold. I had 24k of the 25k met, and just spent the remainder today, but I am afraid it won't update again before 7/11, would it help to call in? Don't worry about it?

*Just realized you earn 100% RDM bonus as a Gold or Platinum, so I guess it doesn't matter at all.

Last edited by ArmyFlyer05; Jul 9, 2014 at 1:10 am
Old Jul 9, 2014, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ArmyFlyer05
I am trying to figure out when the MQD waiver "as of date" updates. My last update was 6/25 and then it just updated again on 7/7, so no real rhyme or reason to it. I miscalculated my MQDs and so I am just short right now of Platinum, but with over 100k in MQM and a RT flight SEA-ICN on the 11th, which would be nice as a Platinum instead of Gold. I had 24k of the 25k met, and just spent the remainder today, but I am afraid it won't update again before 7/11, would it help to call in? Don't worry about it?

*Just realized you earn 100% RDM bonus as a Gold or Platinum, so I guess it doesn't matter at all.
Well, it improves the odds of an op-up a little.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 9:38 am

Status date?

Question

DH is GM, through Feb 2015. If he meets the spend waiver on his Delta Amex Plat this year, say in the next month, is the waiver good for calendar year 2015, starting in Jan-Dec, or for a year when he reaches the spend waiver.

And if he spends the 25K in 2015, can he keep GM (waiver)for 2016? And so on...

Thanks
Old Jul 9, 2014, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stan1162
DH is GM, through Feb 2015. If he meets the spend waiver on his Delta Amex Plat this year, say in the next month, is the waiver good for calendar year 2015, starting in Jan-Dec, or for a year when he reaches the spend waiver.

And if he spends the 25K in 2015, can he keep GM (waiver)for 2016? And so on...
The waiver plus MQMs (both earned in 2014) get status in 2015.

The waiver plus MQMs (both earned in 2015) get status in 2016.

"Status in" means for that full calendar year, plus January of the following year, plus any remaining time in the prior year between earning it and the end of that year.

Everything is based on calendar year (with MQM rollover giving some MQMs at the start of the next year).
Old Jul 12, 2014, 12:18 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ArmyFlyer05

Just to follow up, my account updated within about 3 days of ticking over the 25k mark and from what I remember now it seems to update a few days after you cross the next 1k in spend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.