Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Official Medallion Qualification Update Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Official Medallion Qualification Update Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2014, 3:18 pm

Programs: The Dastardly Quintet.
Originally Posted by JFKtoSFO
It will be a cold day in hell before one of my employees puts himself before a loyal customer...
THIS.

I can't imagine giving my top tier product away to an employee while telling one of my high value clients to take the 2nd rate version. Very quickly, I would find myself out of a job.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 8:58 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by sethb
Did you try buying the tickets on 06 (DL) ticket stock?
I've had good success having AF premium economy tickets issued by DL on 006 stock with a phone call. Issuing with an AF flight number means issues in AF A or S which is a lot cheaper than DL W.
Yesterday though I tried to have DL issue a China Eastern flight ICN-CTU on 006 stock. First attempts were a bust -- Deltamatic (?) only showed Asiana and Korean air flights for a lot more money. Then I tried giving the agent the specific flights I was looking for (found on ITA matrix and confirmed available on Expedia) but various problems -- Delta couldn't find a GMP-SHA-CTU connection or when it did find connections priced much higher than Expedia. Grumble. I'll try again before I likely eventually give up on getting it issued on 006 stock.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by mot29
I've had good success having AF premium economy tickets issued by DL on 006 stock with a phone call. Issuing with an AF flight number means issues in AF A or S which is a lot cheaper than DL W.
Yesterday though I tried to have DL issue a China Eastern flight ICN-CTU on 006 stock. First attempts were a bust -- Deltamatic (?) only showed Asiana and Korean air flights for a lot more money. Then I tried giving the agent the specific flights I was looking for (found on ITA matrix and confirmed available on Expedia) but various problems -- Delta couldn't find a GMP-SHA-CTU connection or when it did find connections priced much higher than Expedia. Grumble. I'll try again before I likely eventually give up on getting it issued on 006 stock.
I have, too, but there was also a recent thread where the discussion about ticketing AF flights on 006 that got into a discussion about ticketing/plating rules for certain fares.

Basically, you can usually ticket AF/KL on 006 without problems, but sometimes certain flights or inventory can only be ticketed on 057 or whatever the KL stock is. All depends on the specific fare rules.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 6:53 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by mot29
Issuing with an AF flight number means issues in AF A or S which is a lot cheaper than DL W.
IME, DL W maps to the lowest available AF fare.

That said, playing these stupid games with 006 ticketing or DL codeshares is tiring, especially given these are premium fares. Makes looking at other carriers (BA would have made a lot more sense for my itinerary next month) a lot more appealing.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 9:56 am

Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
Originally Posted by bennos
IME, DL W maps to the lowest available AF fare.

That said, playing these stupid games with 006 ticketing or DL codeshares is tiring, especially given these are premium fares. Makes looking at other carriers (BA would have made a lot more sense for my itinerary next month) a lot more appealing.
Especially when I find BA premium economy fares that are only a few hundred dollars more than DL Y...
Old Jun 10, 2014, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by vlee24
Yes, I am experiencing SkyTeam Medallion pains now because of the new MQD requirement. As a frequent SkyTeam flyer on Delta, I have enough MQMs this year to be platinum, but because many of the international flights had to be taken on other airlines (because Delta did not go there), I am held back to silver because of the MQD requirement. So, with all the flying I have to do, I cannot even get on the SkyPriority lane!
While I do think its a pain you would have to do so, there is an easy work around to this issue. If i were plat bound with MQMs I would make that MQD req a priority.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Or get a Delta AMEX card and spend $25,000. That's an alternative to meeting the MQD requirement.

Bruce
Old Jun 10, 2014, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by bdschobel
Or get a Delta AMEX card and spend $25,000. That's an alternative to meeting the MQD requirement.

Bruce
unlike UA where this waiver is nonexistent if you want 1K and live in the USA.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Good point! I'm glad I left United for Delta in 2011!

Bruce
Old Jun 12, 2014, 8:11 pm

Programs: Delta, Starwood, Delta DM
My yearly spend on my Delta Reserve is over 70,000 then I switch to my platinum card, yes it would be nice if my mqd's would rollover, I have plenty of flights thru the year but still not sure what 2015 will bring.....
Old Jun 13, 2014, 9:10 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO/KM, AA PLT
Originally Posted by newfie
My yearly spend on my Delta Reserve is over 70,000 then I switch to my platinum card, yes it would be nice if my mqd's would rollover, I have plenty of flights thru the year but still not sure what 2015 will bring.....
Why do you need MQDs to rollover if you're getting the waiver through spend on your Reserve card anyway?
Old Jun 16, 2014, 7:21 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I'm amazed at how fast an EC purchase posts. Yesterday I bought up to EC at the kiosk before my flight. The $19 MQM posted within three hours, well before the flight did.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 2:00 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
MQDs not showing up

I'm relatively new to Delta, and trying to figure out the MQD qualification process. I have to book all my travel through my corporate travel agency, where we have negotiated fares with a variety of airlines (including Delta). When I look at my account, I see that I have 20k MQMs so far this year, but my MQD is only $278. It appears that only my spend on economy comfort is showing up as MQD, but the cost of my tickets are not showing up. The last ticket was $1k. My next flight is $2.5k. Both trips were Delta flights, ticketed on Delta (no code-shares or anything like that going on).

Is it normal to not have the cost of these tickets count towards MQD? It is frustrating to think that after this next trip, I'll be at 30k MQMs for the year with $3.9k of spend and still have 0 status, because they don't properly reflect the spend.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by SEA-Flyer
I'm relatively new to Delta, and trying to figure out the MQD qualification process. I have to book all my travel through my corporate travel agency, where we have negotiated fares with a variety of airlines (including Delta). When I look at my account, I see that I have 20k MQMs so far this year, but my MQD is only $278. It appears that only my spend on economy comfort is showing up as MQD, but the cost of my tickets are not showing up. The last ticket was $1k. My next flight is $2.5k. Both trips were Delta flights, ticketed on Delta (no code-shares or anything like that going on).

Is it normal to not have the cost of these tickets count towards MQD? It is frustrating to think that after this next trip, I'll be at 30k MQMs for the year with $3.9k of spend and still have 0 status, because they don't properly reflect the spend.
Maybe DL has a bulk fare issue with EQD like UA?
Old Jun 24, 2014, 9:40 pm

Programs: AMEX Plat, Delta FO, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz
Originally Posted by SEA-Flyer

It may depend on your company travel policy. Are you allowed to link your skymiles number to your 'profile' with your company travel agency?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.